Fumerie Turque (2003)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Fumerie Turque

Fumerie Turque is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Fumerie Turque fragrance notes

Reviews of Fumerie Turque

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast is a delight: It is the aroma of a sweet pipe tobacco that is flavoured, mainly with a dark rose and some fruits, like redcurrant, junipier and whiffs of blackcurrant, although most of the time is is a rather mixed fruitiness on me.

In the drydown I get touches of a smooth, dark and sightly dusty undertone of leather-like styrax note but not very sude-like to me. The sweetness is supported by a tonka/vanilla impression that lingers until the end. Soft hints of herbal teas - chamomille with whiffs of rooibos, are also present at this time.

The base continues the leather-vanilla theme, with a dark but rather smooth patchouli filtering into the mix gradually; this patchouli is neither harsh nor sharp.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, eight hours of longevity on my skin.

This first part of this autumnal creation is a creative take on the tobacco-leather theme, but the later stages are somewhat blander at times. Nonetheless, overall a good composition. 3.5/5

09th April, 2021
Like Amouage Interlude Man, to me it evokes memories of smoking a fruit-flavoured narghile in a chicha bar in Beirut or Istanbul. Less cloying, less sweet and more balanced than Interlude Man in my view. I like it very much.
09th September, 2020
I don't think the Lutens "aesthetic" is a good fit for my own tastes, given that I like structural clarity and precision, and there's often a certain cloudiness to Lutens' creations that reads to me as somewhat ramshackle.

Fumerie Turque is a very interestingly kind of dry, earthy take on tobacco with some accords I haven't found anywhere else, and it deserves commendation for that. I don't find it exactly unpleasant, but I do find it a bit stuffy in a way that I don't enjoy spending a great period of time with it.
26th April, 2020
One of the most mature, "older" scents I've tried in a while.

Starts with a stuffy, musty, mature, chocolate tobacco and doesn't really change much.

Performance is very good with noticeable projection. I get 9-10 hours of longevity on clothes.
03rd April, 2020
A less ordinary oriental would be hard to find. Fumerie Turque is basically a gross animal note, accompanied by the Turkish Delight flavoured smoke of a narguilé.

Simple and effective, but whether you like such a mix of the raw and refined can only be answered in one way. Definitely try this one before you buy.

Bell jar
15th March, 2020
I was really expecting to like this one, but no... I smell the tobacco, coming across mostly like old paper or hay. And I smell the incense, but it mostly smells like a wet sidewalk. And I smell the amber, but it mostly smells like marshmallows. And then there's the mint...

So that's what I smell, a troubled mix of toothpaste, hay, wet sidewalk, and marshmallows. In general, I consider myself a Lutens fan, but this just doesn't work for me...
10th September, 2019

Add your review of Fumerie Turque

Shop for Fumerie Turque products online

Search on ebay

Serge Lutens FUMERIE TURQUE Sample Spray 1 ml

US • Buy it now: USD 15.00.

Member images of Fumerie Turque