Fumerie Turque (2003)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Fumerie Turque

Fumerie Turque is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Fumerie Turque fragrance notes

Reviews of Fumerie Turque

Like Amouage Interlude Man, to me it evokes memories of smoking a fruit-flavoured narghile in a chicha bar in Beirut or Istanbul. Less cloying, less sweet and more balanced than Interlude Man in my view. I like it very much.
09th September, 2020
I don't think the Lutens "aesthetic" is a good fit for my own tastes, given that I like structural clarity and precision, and there's often a certain cloudiness to Lutens' creations that reads to me as somewhat ramshackle.

Fumerie Turque is a very interestingly kind of dry, earthy take on tobacco with some accords I haven't found anywhere else, and it deserves commendation for that. I don't find it exactly unpleasant, but I do find it a bit stuffy in a way that I don't enjoy spending a great period of time with it.
26th April, 2020
One of the most mature, "older" scents I've tried in a while.

Starts with a stuffy, musty, mature, chocolate tobacco and doesn't really change much.

Performance is very good with noticeable projection. I get 9-10 hours of longevity on clothes.
03rd April, 2020
A less ordinary oriental would be hard to find. Fumerie Turque is basically a gross animal note, accompanied by the Turkish Delight flavoured smoke of a narguilé.

Simple and effective, but whether you like such a mix of the raw and refined can only be answered in one way. Definitely try this one before you buy.

Bell jar
15th March, 2020
I was really expecting to like this one, but no... I smell the tobacco, coming across mostly like old paper or hay. And I smell the incense, but it mostly smells like a wet sidewalk. And I smell the amber, but it mostly smells like marshmallows. And then there's the mint...

So that's what I smell, a troubled mix of toothpaste, hay, wet sidewalk, and marshmallows. In general, I consider myself a Lutens fan, but this just doesn't work for me...
10th September, 2019
Stardate 20160930:

Amber Smoke with hint of fruit,spices and Vanilla.
It has a hint of tang (perhaps currant) that gives it the edge over others.
A nice soft fragrance that is very unisex.
A perfect way to uplift a cold and bleak day
Highly recommended (but not at the retail price)
30th September, 2016

Add your review of Fumerie Turque

Shop for Fumerie Turque products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Fumerie Turque

There are no member images of Fumerie Turque yet. Why not be the first?