B*Men (2004)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
PackagingThierry Mugler
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About B*Men

A new "super-hero" in Mugler's men's range. After A*Men comes B*Men. Basenotes was disappointed that A*Men's partner wasn't called D*Men. It would have been a nice 'play' on good and evil -- A(ngel)*Men Vs D*Men (Demon). Oh well!
The scent was inspired by A*Men, and the bottle is exactly the same, but khaki/red instead of silver/blue. A new classic? We'll have to wait and see.
Basenotes' review copy of B*Men was supplied by Escentual

B*Men fragrance notes

Reviews of B*Men

I can't believe how long it has taken me to write a review of the excellent B*Men given that I have owned a bottle since long before it was discontinued.

I have been on a bit of a Mugler kick recently since I picked up some sample bottles of A*Men, Pure Malt, Pure Havane and Pure Tonka (I know, late to the party) but I can't shake the feeling that B*Men was always my favourite, and still is.

I've made no secret of the fact that I "hated" A*Men when I first smelled it but a few years later B*Men came out and I thought it was a great alternative.

This is a unique fragrance. To this day there is nothing else that smells like it. It carries a Mugler DNA but it's similarities with A*Men stop there. For me I get a lovely, peppery, green fragrance from B*Men along with a slightly tart, fruity note which I'm assuming is the Rhubarb although I don't think it smells like Rhubarb.

The base of this on me lasts all day and smells nice, warm and ambery without being overbearing.

I've just bought an as new bottle online, and although I've paid a little over the odds, it's still not as expensive as a brand new bottle of some designer fragrances out there that aren't even half as nice as B*Men.

If you get it, cherish it and hold on to it forever. If you don't want your bottle? Let me know.
23rd July, 2020
i couldn`t hate it when I sniff it firt time.and my love grow and grow today I fell in lolove with it thoroughly.
very manly gentlemanly spicy green earthy and woody.
unique and lovely lovely lovely.
30th December, 2018
Best from the line.my favorite spicy scent ever.big big love
24th May, 2018
Wierd scent.warm green spicy herbal.
Rhubarb spicy notes on the bed of patchouly vetiver and woods.wellcrafted and unique scent.
Love
15th May, 2018
my most favorite from the line .spicy mostly peppery green herbal gourmand base very well blended and nostalgic.
manly .really a holly grail scent.
01st February, 2018
Before the flurry of excellent A*Men flankers that came out in recent years (i.e. Ultrazest, Pure Malt, Pure Tonka, Pure Coffee, etc.) came Thierry Mugler's B*Men. I originally was not too keen on B*Men, but I have revised my estimate of this fragrance from neutral to thumbs up!

B*Men retains the gourmand quality of its older brother; the chocolate-coffee notes, though not mentioned in the fragrance note triangle, are present - though not as strong as the original. The real treat of this scent is the spiciness, resembling red pepper flakes and cinnamon. The mysterious "sequoia" note adds the faint woodiness, with a slight tang provided by the interesting rhubarb.

I give this scent its props for courageously offering an alternative to the wildly popular A*Men. In its time over a decade back, it was the only flanker on the shelf; I was naturally curious about B*Men in that way. Nowadays, there's a dizzying number of A*Men flankers! (I wonder, is A*Men Le Gôut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance a scent that attempts to mimic B*Men, with the emphasis on spiciness?)

Didn't like it at first, but now I give a healthy thumbs up for this gem. Can't believe it's discontinued!
16th December, 2016 (last edited: 17th March, 2017)

Add your review of B*Men

Shop for B*Men products online

Shop for B*Men at online perfumeries

Search on eBay