Hummer (2004)

About Hummer

Hummer is a masculine fragrance by Hummer. The scent was launched in 2004

Hummer fragrance notes

Reviews of Hummer

If modern perfumery is a blend of natural notes for richness, and synthetics for power and stability, Hummer must be Postmodern because there's nothing 'natural' about it at all.

In the allergen list there is linalool (lavender alcohol), geraniol (geranium) and coumarin (originally tonka extract, but now made in a factory). This looks like a fougère, so you'd expect it to be suave and aromatic, but Hummer is dominated by the harsh 'pimento' note that takes the place of oakmoss, another key ingredient of fougère.

Behind this spiky melange is a camphoraceous note, a weak dry amber and synthetic green foliage that, for some reason, smells of mushroom.

This abrasive mix is linear and very persistent, probably because it's driven by mono-thematic aromachemicals. If it had been made of better stuff this could have been an interesting new Post Oakmoss - post modern fougère, but the quality is so poor, and the feeling so harsh, the effect is simply dire.

Being a novel fougère, I suppose that makes this the new Jicky. Perish the thought.

Revised 06/11/20
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 06th November, 2020)
It's okay, but I find it to be too simple and basic. I don't mind wearing it; I just wish its fragrance character was deeper, that's all.

Very crisp, outdoorsy scent..."Hummer" isn't totally bad, but I think the Hummer H2 scent that came next was nicer.
29th December, 2016
This is not a bad fragrance. Not expensive. This is a good stater kit cologne. Had my bottle for a few years and it still smells the same.
28th August, 2012
I tried this on my way home from work one day - it was on sale for around $20, At first I thought "what is this" its start is chaotic and as shamu1 notes there are fruity notes which are not indicated in the pyramid. The opening smells a bit like someone's pet spidermonkey ate too much fruit and then vomited it up. The spices add a jarring aspect to the fruit and make it smell a bit "off", thankfully this effect is fleeting. The drydown is where this is best. I don't have any other fragrance which changes as much from start to end. To me the spicy, woody drydown is worth waiting for and to me has a soapiness to it which is reminiscent of some of my favourite powerhouse fragrances, though this is no powerhouse.
11th June, 2011
I thought Joel_Cairo’s review was quite clever. I didn’t realize until I tested Hummer myself that the review is also truthful, accurate, and appropriate. Hummer doesn’t seem to know where it’s going. It can’t tell the difference between its base and its heart. It’s just a collection of a few unrelated fresh, synthetic accords. Bummer.

Originally submitted August 2006
09th December, 2010
This is ok, I sometimes like it, but I have many fragrances I like more. Its a very sporty scent...and im not very sporty. I also sneeze a lot while wearing this. I have gotten some negative comments on this, so I tend not to use it much. I have had this cologne in my collection for about 2 or 3 years, the same bottle, and its not even used up yet because I just don't wear it often. Honestly its not a bad scent overall, but I like other fragrances better.
27th October, 2010

Add your review of Hummer

Shop for Hummer products online

Shop for Hummer at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Hummer

There are no member images of Hummer yet. Why not be the first?