Wall Street (2004)

HouseBond No. 9
PerfumerDavid Apel
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Wall Street

Wall Street is a shared / unisex perfume by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Apel

Wall Street fragrance notes

Reviews of Wall Street

I'm not sure what this has to do with Wall Street, unless they are referring to the color of money. It's green for sure, like green cucumber melon and seaweed.

I guess Wall Street is near the water in NYC, so maybe that's it. Very much like an aquatic breeze, but not in the sunny, fresh and clean, watery way. More of a cloudy, fishy, busy harbor, watery-breeze way. Another one of those scents that's better smelled in the air than up close.

Performance for me is slightly above average. It's never screaming and doesn't last all day, but it can get noticed and hangs around for 6-7 hours.
18th April, 2020
This is another bi-polar Bond (on me). Sometimes (depending on weather), this smells like wet-dog and sea water. Other days, it's absolutely beautiful, aquatic, fresh and invigorating. The longevity is incredible.
29th August, 2018
A tangy, masculine, almost-sour green aquatic with musky, citrus zest undertones. Think seaweed and orange peel in the best possible way.

A fascinating fragrance that I initially labelled "avant garde office wear", I am continuously drawn to the scent throughout the day to evaluate its evolution. Sillage and longevity are hard fives here, certainly no need for re-application, but ultimately it is let down by its ozone and marine notes.

In my mind, these notes have a tendency to come off as cheap and inexperienced -- two things that images of Wall Street do not conjure. I know that the physical location of the street justifies their inclusion, but I think perhaps the sea kale and ambergris would have been enough.

If ozone and marine notes float your boat, then consider this composition buoyant! But if you're on the fence regarding synthetic sea life, try before you buy.
13th November, 2017 (last edited: 14th November, 2017)
Very unique and so good! I have to disagree with all the comparisons to Creed's MI or SMW. To my nose, it's most similar to Erolfa but sweeter and more synthetic. Usually I cant deal with overly synthetic frag's (pretty much anything cheap) but this one really pulls it off nicely. And it gets better as it dries down! I get really good projection and this stuff lasts forever! (I get whiffs of it the next morning). Excellent addition to my collection!

EDIT: this stuff seems to be a magnet for pretty hispanic women. I was first turned on to it watching one go nuts over my buddy who was wearing it at the time.

Her: "OMG you have to come smell him!"

Me: rolling my eyes "I'm not gonna smell him, that's weird" *gets a whiff anyways without trying* "oh that is good! what is that?"

I end up buying it, and both compliments I've received so far have been from gorgeous Latinas. Me gusta mucho!
07th January, 2017 (last edited: 22nd August, 2017)
Bond No. 9 Wall Street gets a lot of discussion but as with many of the house's offerings, I'm unimpressed. Its opening is very fresh but dries down a bit ozonic and uninteresting.

It's a mix of cucumber, lemon, lavender, vetiver, and seaweed, and to my nose these accords don't harmonize too well.

Overall, it's an experience of citrus that veers off in a few directions but mainly seems like a cheap designer fragrance without a purpose. I don't get much nuance in this at all, and probably wouldn't ever reach for it again. Just too much seaweed.

3 out of 10
21st December, 2016
Really dove in and went for a 4 spay from my sampler this morning. I get an almost aquatic vibe from it clean and crisp. But it has a SEE ME NOW attitude. The note I find calling for attention is Cayenne pepper. Really like the layers of this one. Definitely a unique fragrance in a sea of overwhelming simple aqua fragrances.
22nd February, 2016

Add your review of Wall Street

Shop for Wall Street products online

Shop for Wall Street at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Wall Street

There are no member images of Wall Street yet. Why not be the first?