Wall Street (2004)

HouseBond No. 9
PerfumerDavid Apel
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Wall Street

Wall Street is a shared / unisex perfume by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Apel

Wall Street fragrance notes

Reviews of Wall Street

From a bottle purchased on release. I like it alot, though finding it in the cabinet in Minnesota in February isn't ideal.

For me, more of a warm weather scent. As for the Creed comparisons:

SMW - yeah, maybe in the background, but top notes are completely different. You really have to dig to find the similarities, at least in the first hour of wear.

MI - an earlier reviewer said "substitute Bond cucumber for Creed melon, and they're the same". Understand the concept, but actually SMW is closer if we're shedding topnotes from the comparison.

Erolfa - in some ways, I thought this should be closest. Marine, salt, etc. - sure, they have that in common. After that, two very different frags, and at least for me it's probably the furthest separated. WS is a much brighter beach, whereas Erolfa strikes me as a deeper, darker, sexier version of the genre.

I really like WS. But, over 15 years, I've refilled SMW, MI and Erolfa. And I'm still on my original bottle of WS. So I guess that sums it up.
06th February, 2021
Wall Street by Bond9

I have to keep this as neutral as the quality of the scent is very good, as with B#9 frags in general. The cuke and sea kelp just aren't my faves off the top, there is some delight in the musk notes for sure, and some sweetness that is pleasant. However for me, the 'marine notes' and sea kelp really stick around and I swear it's like going down to the dock and sticking my forearm into the sea water. I find that impressively done, only I live by the water myself and could simply dip my arm into sea water for free. I've worn this three times now and respect the quality of this fragrance even though it is not my cup of...sea. If you think the notes are to your liking you may absolutely love this fragrance.
25th August, 2020
I'm not sure what this has to do with Wall Street, unless they are referring to the color of money. It's green for sure, like green cucumber melon and seaweed.

I guess Wall Street is near the water in NYC, so maybe that's it. Very much like an aquatic breeze, but not in the sunny, fresh and clean, watery way. More of a cloudy, fishy, busy harbor, watery-breeze way. Another one of those scents that's better smelled in the air than up close.

Performance for me is slightly above average. It's never screaming and doesn't last all day, but it can get noticed and hangs around for 6-7 hours.
18th April, 2020
This is another bi-polar Bond (on me). Sometimes (depending on weather), this smells like wet-dog and sea water. Other days, it's absolutely beautiful, aquatic, fresh and invigorating. The longevity is incredible.
29th August, 2018
A tangy, masculine, almost-sour green aquatic with musky, citrus zest undertones. Think seaweed and orange peel in the best possible way.

A fascinating fragrance that I initially labelled "avant garde office wear", I am continuously drawn to the scent throughout the day to evaluate its evolution. Sillage and longevity are hard fives here, certainly no need for re-application, but ultimately it is let down by its ozone and marine notes.

In my mind, these notes have a tendency to come off as cheap and inexperienced -- two things that images of Wall Street do not conjure. I know that the physical location of the street justifies their inclusion, but I think perhaps the sea kale and ambergris would have been enough.

If ozone and marine notes float your boat, then consider this composition buoyant! But if you're on the fence regarding synthetic sea life, try before you buy.
13th November, 2017 (last edited: 14th November, 2017)
Very unique and so good! I have to disagree with all the comparisons to Creed's MI or SMW. To my nose, it's most similar to Erolfa but sweeter and more synthetic. Usually I cant deal with overly synthetic frag's (pretty much anything cheap) but this one really pulls it off nicely. And it gets better as it dries down! I get really good projection and this stuff lasts forever! (I get whiffs of it the next morning). Excellent addition to my collection!

EDIT: this stuff seems to be a magnet for pretty hispanic women. I was first turned on to it watching one go nuts over my buddy who was wearing it at the time.

Her: "OMG you have to come smell him!"

Me: rolling my eyes "I'm not gonna smell him, that's weird" *gets a whiff anyways without trying* "oh that is good! what is that?"

I end up buying it, and both compliments I've received so far have been from gorgeous Latinas. Me gusta mucho!
07th January, 2017 (last edited: 22nd August, 2017)

Add your review of Wall Street

Member images of Wall Street

There are no member images of Wall Street yet. Why not be the first?