Fiori di Capri (1990)

Fiori di Capri information

Year of Launch1990

HouseCarthusia

About Fiori di Capri

Fiori di Capri is a feminine perfume by Carthusia. The scent was launched in 1990

Fiori di Capri fragrance notes

Reviews of Fiori di Capri

A bit of a throwback to the heavy feminines of yore. I was pleased to read the reference to Ysatis; yes, that is exactly the analogy I was looking for. Not original, but pleasantly abstract in that established sense. Some lovely florals that I get to smell on Mrs FWF in the morning.
05th October, 2019
Aldehydes in the opening give this a very vintage feel, but there's also a lot of white musk & perhaps some iris, giving a very smooth impression of "whiteness" here. This whiteness kind of sticks in the throat, as if I'd just attempted to eat a bar of soap. After a few minutes, a sweetish floral accord begins to take over. It's hard to pick out notes, but this doesn't read as carnation to me so much as tuberose & ylang ylang. Two hours in, it's a creamy-smooth white floral with a tropical touch of coconut lending it a beachy vibe. It lasts around six hours before fading.
Others have compared this to Givenchy's Ysatis, which sadly I have never smelled, so I can't comment on any similarities. I quite enjoyed the drydown, but that opening is not really to my taste.
02nd August, 2019
Although Carthusia's initial scent from 1990, Fiori, is supposedly made up of only six notes, three floral (two sharp, one rounded) and three bases (one sharp, two rounded), it most strongly resembles Givenchy's Ysatis, one of my all time favorite floral melanges.

Note the 16 notes in Ysatis:

Top notes: Rosewood, Coconut
Heart notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Narcissus, Carnation, Rose, Ylang
Base notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Castoreum, Civet, Oakmoss, Amber, Honey, Cistus

Amazing the Fiori can accomplish a dead ringer for this complex scent by the manipulation of only six notes. This is a very old-fashioned, heavy, floral. To modern noses, it is the embodiment of "old lady" perfume, meaning dense and room emptying.

You either appreciate this type of scent or you don't. I wear it, but only at home. Hard for a guy to pull off in society, it's very feminine.

Still, a great scent. Here, the homage to Givenchy's creation is heartfelt.
21st August, 2016
Carnation, citrus, and a very bright orange blossom open this sunny composition, all driven by an aldehydic burst that’s perhaps a bit too emphatic to avoid an impression of artificiality. The citrus top note dissipates rapidly to leave a crisp, aldehydic white flower and carnation heart resting on a lightly sweetened vanillic foundation. In time the carnation creeps further to the fore, while some very light woods emerge in the base.

Fiori di Capri is a happy scent, but a delicate one, without a great deal of projection or aggressive sillage. Nor is it terribly potent. It is instead one of those quiet, subtle scents that can easily be worn in any number of settings, from work to dinner parties. Its sunlit nature might suggest that it’s primarily a hot weather scent, but it has a nice “pick-me-up” quality in winter, too. In sum, it’s versatile and appealing, if not terribly distinctive, and while it certainly doesn’t excite me, I think it’s worth a try for anyone who likes carnation, but finds the carnation offerings from Caron and Comme des Garcons too sharp or heavy.
14th June, 2014
Hubar Show all reviews
This is a beautiful, tantalizing scent. It may become my 2nd favorite. Just got the perfume today, and I believe it's wonderful. Would recommend to anyone who loves flora frags. I purchased because of a recommendation by someone who knows my taste. ( I have to admit that I was also curious as it was a scent that Jackie Kennedy wore). Hopefully when my nose becomes educated I will be able to describe what I smell better.
14th March, 2013
If Italian people wore that beautiful fragrance in 1390, the late 14th century was not as bad as I thought! I just wonder why they waited exactly 600 years to reissue it! Fiori di Capri must be one of the most complex fragrances predating traditional post-renaissance perfumery (unless the 1990 version is a modernized concoction that has no bearing on the original). The early "glover perfumes" were extremely simple compositions that were attempts to reproduce fragrances found in nature. Fiori di Capri is a wonderful chypre floral with a very complete olfactory palette but it does "smell simple" if that makes any sense! It is quite soapy but in the most positive way. It is fresh and breezy and it is very evocative of the Island of Capri, as it was meant to be. If you like fragrances such as Ysatis (Givenchy), White Diamonds (Elizabeth Taylor) or Oleg Cassini for Women, chances are you will love Fiori di Capri. It has a lot in common with these fragrances yet it is much more delicate and refined. Carthusia fragrances are not easy to find though. In a way, it can be a plus if you are looking for exclusivity.
19th December, 2012

Add your review of Fiori di Capri

Shop for Fiori di Capri products online

Shop for Fiori di Capri at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Fiori di Capri

There are no member images of Fiori di Capri yet. Why not be the first?