L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme (2004)
by Issey Miyake

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme information

Year of Launch2004

HouseIssey Miyake
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme

A second men’s fragrance by Issey Mikaye, following 1994’s L’Eau d’Issey pour Homme.

Reviews of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme

I agree with Black Cloud, Seeroos, Reventon, and others - there's just something really off-putting in this one. Maybe it's the Nast(y)urtium...? But yeah - spice-rack, Indian food in a dirty diaper, in a rain-forest vibe is about right! Gross.
21st April, 2020
The opening smells cheap, fresh, clean, masculine and somewhat dated. There is a pepperiness that smells very mature and kinda "sweaty". Citrusy, 90's bro juice, that's what I get. It actually reminds me of Thallium Black. The drydown isn't bad but doesn't save this scent for me.

Performance is average, both in projection and longevity.
12th February, 2020
Blackcloud's description of "Rainy Forest Vindaloo" is unnervingly accurate. Big shame, because I'm an Issey Miyake fan, but this just doesn't work for me.

I really want to give this a chance, but it looks like this will get regifted some time soon.
26th October, 2019 (last edited: 10th November, 2019)
I was attracted by the beautiful minimalist box art and was curious about blue fragrances so I purchased it. The scent itself is pleasant, but doesn't perform and the quality isn't the greatest. I would've called this a clone of Gucci Pour Homme II, but it turns out that GPHII came out in '07 and this in '04. So I guess clones can actually be superior! Get your nose on GPHII if you appreciate this. It is superior in every way!
10th August, 2019
Starts off fresh and lovely. Citrus with bite, probably mint and masculine. Slowly it collapses to a heavy waxy metallic smell. Very off putting and almost a scrubber.
Stick with the Fraiche version just be prepared to do top up sprays.

Fragrance: 5/10
Projection: 6.5/10
Longevity: 7/10
16th August, 2018
This fragrance smells oddly like a spicerack on a shed in the middle of a forest full of cypress trees during the rain. Issey Miyake as a fragrance house makes very unique Japanese fragrances, and this is no exception. Don't be fooled by the blue theme of the bottle, this is a green fragrance. It smells of cypress and is extremely spicy, with rosemary and pink pepper being very prominent to my nose. Sillage is strong while longevity is also strong. Due to the strong sillage and spicy nature of the fragrance, I think this would be great in fall and winter. The bottle for this is also one of the best I've ever seen, with blue glass. Overall this is a really interesting fragrance that I think people would like if they enjoy fragrances like Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb.

4.5/5
03rd May, 2018

Add your review of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme

Shop for L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme products online

Shop for L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme

There are no member images of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?