Kiehl's Original Musk (1963)
by Kiehl's

Kiehl's Original Musk information

Year of Launch1963

HouseKiehl's
Parent CompanyL'Orťal Group

About Kiehl's Original Musk

Kiehl's Original Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Kiehl's. The scent was launched in 1963

Kiehl's Original Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of Kiehl's Original Musk

This review is for the oil, which I prefer after having tried the EDT as well.

The opening is musky for sure but not as harsh as the EDT. The oil starts to soften quickly, becoming warm with honey and powdery sweet with plenty of rose. A bit feminine because of the rose but the overall scent is still animalic and musky. The late drydown is very soft, slightly sweet and plenty agreeable and not that musky.

I only get light projection but very good longevity. Should be nice for when someone gets close.
23rd September, 2020
This is for the oil version. I bought this to fill a gap in my fragrance wardrobe: a musk that's neither an in-your-face filthy mess nor a prim and proper, too-safe "white" musk. What I'm getting on my skin is a lovely warm musky aura that wanders between soapy overtones and warm, powdery sweetness. Interestingly the soapy phase still doesn't smell particularly squeaky-clean. I do detect some florals, although they're blurred and muted. This is a lovely, gently sensual creature that reminds me at times of clean skin just starting to sweat. Exactly what I was looking for, in short.
20th September, 2019
hcr Show all reviews
EDT: This stuff is ridiculously good. Out of a dozen samples I got recently, this is my favorite. It is just slightly a bit feminine, it reminds me of something my Mom would wear. Looking forward to sampling again, and may consider a bottle.
04th July, 2019
The oil and the EDT formulation are fairly different. This is for the EDT, which is more floral:

Itís a floral, lightly fruity, spicy, honeyed musk, very warm, friendly and approachable. It skews more feminine than the oil. It has a more old-style, easy-going way than many of the newer, more earnest musks, as nice as they are. Sometimes there is too much baggage in a musk fragrance, stretching it to a point it can barely sustain, like forcing a bass voice outside itís range.

This is laid back mellow stuff, with no edge and no pretense, just kind of doing what comes naturally. Itís a pretty musk with the warm, embracing style old musks can have, rather than an animalistic or edgy component. It reminds me a little of another old goodie, Coty ĎWild Muskí.

I believe I still prefer the oil version as itís more unisex and focuses on the warm musk. But this floral musk edt is nice, and worth keeping some for its pleasant nature when thatís what you crave. It just makes you feel comfortable in your skin.
13th May, 2019 (last edited: 02nd September, 2019)
First forty-five minutes or so. Old smelling soap. LOL. Harsh neroli and bergamot with florals. Then it turns. The "OLD" smell goes away and you are left with a super soft musk and slighty sweet patchouli. A remarkable juice for something created before I was born. A winner but a clear try before you buy IMO. Enjoy!
01st April, 2019
A big thumbs up for this beauty, which I find similar to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.
11th February, 2019