Bois d'Argent (2004)

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
PackagingHedi Slimane
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Bois d'Argent

Originally part of a collection of three scents in the Dior Homme Cologne range [Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche and Bois D'Argent], designed by Hedi Slimane.

Bois d'Argent fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois d'Argent

Sweet Iris Honey.

Opens with the beautiful iris. Dior has a really nice iris note that they use. It smells natural and kind. The iris is about matched with the patchouli and other. But this is attempted to be balanced on the sweet side by using honey. And that combo of iris and honey, bringing it sweet and powdery drives this into the territory, in my opinion, of being squarely feminine. It does have some balsamic properties, overarching the whole composition. The heart brings the patchouli myrh forward, and its balance trends back toward unisex. It reminds me something of Shalimar/TF Noir. The honey takes the spot in the olfactory experience of the civet. I suppose this is more of a personal thumbs down, and an impartial neutral. It doesn't smell like it is bad quality, though it is reportedly a big weak legged, it is not overly sheer, and I found the longevity to be average.
23rd January, 2020
Sweet opening with honey, amber and myrrh; patchouli has a bitter herbal presence and then there's the powdery iris. I can see the similarities with Bois d'Iris, but that one is more focused on the buttery iris, while Bois d'Argent is more focused on the sweet notes and it gets more powdery.
17th June, 2019
Smells fantastic... But it's waaaay too weak. If it was just a little bit more powerful I would give this a big thumbs up. Too bad.
27th February, 2019
Woody, powdery-balsamic creation that defies instant classification and comparison to other scents.

Bois d'Argent is iris-heavy, followed by the resinous medicinal smokiness of myrrh, and thereafter a merry-go-round of amber semi-sweetness, cypress, patchouli, honey, vanilla...and on towards a finish typical of chypre fragrances.

Decent sillage and okay longevity, a nice wear for men.
21st October, 2018
Bd'A is an iris and wood scent that I found intriguing for about ten minutes, then it began to fade rapidly to where it was completely gone within thirty minutes. I even tried it on clothes and it disappeared there as well. I reapplied the sample again and same result. I'd say more if I could, but it didn't last long enough. Seemed nice, but then???

Grossly unacceptable at Privee prices. A deserved Thumbs Down!
01st December, 2017
Sharp, powdery, gives me a direct headache. I am grateful to have gotten this sample for free, but it indeed gave me a sharp headache at the first whiff 2.
Like the other reviewers have stated, I am big getting any honey or iris, more powder.
It's hit and miss with Dior, and the best to me in the line is Fahrenheit and Dior Homme (and its versions). Otherwise, I typically stay away.
29th July, 2017

Add your review of Bois d'Argent

Shop for Bois d'Argent products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Bois d'Argent

There are no member images of Bois d'Argent yet. Why not be the first?