Crystal Noir (2004)

PerfumerAntoine Lie
Parent CompanyEuroitalia
Parent Company at launchGiver Profumi

About Crystal Noir

Crystal Noir is a feminine perfume by Versace. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Crystal Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Crystal Noir

Took me by surprise. I try not to gravitate towards alot of designer scents b/c alot of them tend to have the same DNa. This one really surprised me. For starters it's classified as a floral oriental which is good for me as I gravitate towards chypre and orientals (I basically enjoy smelling like an 80s shoulder pad boss). I don't tend to gravitate towards sweet smells, however, this is sweet and while not in the notes it has a hint of coconut which causes it to lean gourmand which I enjoy.

I have the EDT version and I have heard that it is different than the EDP. Like a reviewer said, this is the perfect night time scent for a stroll on the beach. I have a hard time with summer scents as I don't love fresh, citrus or overly floral scents. This is my perfect summer scent. It's got a nice warmth that grounds it but does not make it too much. Everytime I wear this I get compliments, even from strangers. While I would gravitate towards this in the summer months, I think it's suitable for all seasons and for all settings. I would rock this to work, to the beach, to the pool, a night in, a night out and a formal event.

I don't find it's overly sandalwood either. I think Santal 33 it overly sandalwood and this doesn't come close to that. It's nicely grounded in the sandalwood and vanilla.
22nd July, 2020
this is perfect for an evening on a beach. strolling or partying.

it is a floral oriental fragrance. initial spray is quite spicy but slowly turn into a coconut(slightly) warm scent. at least on me.

liked it. also pretty presentation.

3.5/5
22nd January, 2020
I've seen this referred to as a "black pepper nightmare with deep ginger claws."

Funny, that's just what I like about it. Seriously, it's the only one of the silly, giant "crystal" topped Versaces that has a personality.

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of coconut, but this is spicy enough to escape an umbrella-bedecked cocktail.

If this fragrance were a woman, she'd be fun to hang out with, but I'd watch her around my husband.
20th May, 2017
Enchanting fragrance -- clunky bottle.

Wonderful mix of ginger, pepper, a touch of cardamom, orange blossom, coconut, gardenia, and the musk and amber on the bottom aren't too strong. The latter doesn't erase the gardenia, at all. Gardenia lasts all day.
18th February, 2017 (last edited: 21st September, 2018)
Wow, I absolutetely love this fragrance! It's right up my alley. I smelled it on someone and fell in love right then and there. I had to ask her what she was wearing. She was so amazed by how much I loved it that she gifted me a bottle.
It's sexy, soft yet strong, perfect for dressing up beautiful at night while on a romantic outing. Definitely a nightime perfume. It lasts for a long time even after you shower. Great quality, great sillage. You'll get noticed and most probably-- liked.
It has a slight smell of roses, but I hate rose perfumes, so I don't want to sound like this is one of them, not at all.
It smells nothing like Versace Bright Crystal, in fact, it's the total opposite of it. It's intoxicating and inviting, you'll love it!
15th January, 2017
Hmmm... Versace? Well this is or I should say was because I returned it, alllll sandalwood on me. Not worth the money this costs imo. I had high hopes for this... Disappointed :[
01st August, 2016