Cinéma (2004)

Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Cinéma

Tom Ford's last fragrant project before leaving Gucci in 2004.
The notes for the Eau de Parfum are below. The Eau de Toilette, launched in 2006 contains notes of: top: clementine, mimosa, cyclamen; middle: white peony, jasmin, amaryllis; base: amber, white musks, bourbon vanilla.

Cinéma fragrance notes

Reviews of Cinéma

This is gorgeous. Very softly spicy – and overall very soft. Also warm and beautiful. Mandarin in the top notes is noticeable and sweetly refreshing. Later it fades into beautiful slightly spicy-powdery vanilla. Beautiful, beautiful "my skin, but better" kind of scent.
09th June, 2021
I love Cinema! It's soft, feminine, slightly powdery and sweet to my nose. The amber and vanilla are most prominent to me. Boyfriend likes it, too. I don't normally favor fragrances in this vein-- usually go for fresher scents, but I think that Cinema is incredibly pleasant, beautiful, calming, and elegant. Perhaps feels a tad mindless and trite but not more than a lot of mainstream scents. Beautiful, balanced, and uncomplicated. Great evening scent for a woman and possibly even unisex.
26th April, 2020
I had high expectations for this, as a former friend once raved about it. It's not for me.

Slight sour & bitter at first. Sparkling flowers follow. Peony, in particular. Light musk later. Slight benzoin. Not much else stands out. Short-lived on my skin, too.

2 stars.
20th December, 2018
Flowers and almond with the most elegant vanilla. Clean, classy, effective. Not cloying or sweet. Beautiful projection.
23rd November, 2018
Soft, delicately sweet, musky vanilla with a hint of almond, and a whisper of cyclamen, I find this such a joy to wear. It lasts a good 8 - 10 hours on me, without ever being overwhelming.
24th July, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
Amber, White musks, Bourbon vanilla, Benzoin
That is a lovely opening: orangy vibes with a nutty almond undertone, a touch of fruitiness with cyclamen thrown in - quite characteristic and well thought out. The base is flowery, with a muguet-peony dyad dominant, and merging into a slightly boozy benzoin-dominated base of wood, musk and vanilla.

The performance is good on me with moderate sillage, good orojection and seven hours of longevity. Well-composed, a touch synthetic but not in a manner that interferes with its overall impression. 3/5
25th June, 2015

Add your review of Cinéma

Shop for Cinéma products online

Shop for Cinéma at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Cinéma by Yves Saint Laurent

CA • Buy it now: USD 46.47.

Member images of Cinéma