Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella (2004)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella information

Year of Launch2004

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella

Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella

Opened with a mild, breezy spiced aniseed that sadly burnt off within seconds. A watery transparency is lovely and lends itself to a juicy citrus concoction. I get some bergamot and possibly orange. Some soft floral is present, I’m thinking Jasmine. I wanted some licorice and wood to come through, but alas, they did not.

As with many of the AA fragrances, it turned into a synthetic, sweet hand soap scent. If only the aniseed would last, or the licorice and wood had come through. Projection stays close to the skin as with all Aqua Allegoria scents; longevity is about 2 hours. I’d love some additional herbaceous-ness. It’s a cooling and fresh spring/summer scent.
14th September, 2020
Although marked as a feminine scent on basenotes, I think this is a decent unisex fragrance as well.

Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella - "Beautiful Anise" - is a fresh, herbal creation that also utilized licorice to reinforce the star anise that is the main act.

AAAB has an airy quality overall, keeping the anise note the primary focus throughout the wear cycle. It starts out with a slightly citrus hit that quickly puts anise forward, swirling about with hints of florals and greens to put some depth. Basil is evident, adding a nice "shade" to the strength of licorice / anise in AAAB.

Aromatic and not sweet, compared to Lolita Lempicka's Au Masculin and Kenzoair by Kanzo. Those have a more gourmand thing to them, whereas AAAB is a simple expression without such adornments.
22nd September, 2018 (last edited: 21st September, 2018)
Ultra light fragrance on my skin. Light orange. Very light licorice smell. Light everything, really. The basil and tea notes are noticeable at least. This is basically a summery fresh perfume. Nothing jumps out for me. Gentle wood base.
20th September, 2018
Another lovely green freshie from the AA line. Basil works well to keep the anise in check - it's a note that can easily become a little too much. Still, that note and its oriental associations make this a great frag for transitioning between seasons - lovely for early spring and the autumn. Star anise in the heart and liquorice in the base gives the opening character a longevity rarely achieved with fresh/citrus fragrances. While I get a waft of jasmine, I don't get any violet at all and I wonder whether the scent pyramid is referring to violet leaf - there's an earthiness in there, for sure, which could be violet leaf and liquorice in concert.
Decent projection, weak sillage, moderate longevity.
I think it's a lovely fragrance, although it's definitely not one of the big sellers of the AA line - I got mine for next-to-nothing on *that* auction site. I guess anise and its associates are something of an acquired taste, which is fine with me...
16th February, 2018
A complex fragrance, the licorice/star anise is wrapped in basil and other greenery to give a cool, green theme. The cedar give a coolness that keeps this from being gourmand. I don't care for it, but I appreciate the great quality.
04th June, 2017
Having liked Lolita Lempicka, I bought this on the basis of the promise of anise-- and I sincerely regret it. It smells of liquorice allsorts with a malevolent strength and barb to it, with a sickly sweet and soapy undertone added almost, it would seem, as an afterthought.

This is one truly vile fragrance and I cannot wait to find someone to take this bottle off my hands.
28th January, 2012

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella yet. Why not be the first?