Ormonde Man (2004)

HouseOrmonde Jayne
PerfumerGeza Schoen
Creative DirectorLinda Pilkington

About Ormonde Man

Ormonde Man is a masculine fragrance by Ormonde Jayne. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Geza Schoen

Ormonde Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Ormonde Man

This is a good fragrance for me. And in the opening it is really great. Spicy cardamom (which I don't normally find spicy, but it lends here), with some coriander, a smear of pink pepper and some powdery waxy fatty aldehydes, built on an airy base of vetiver, in the vein of dry bitter leaves. I found the performance a bit light after the first hour. It initially feels like it will have heft, but the airy nature takes over, and it fizzles.
12th September, 2020
Love this one. A nice low key but noticeable woody/coniferous scent.

Would love this as an office work scent. May have to go back to work just to rock this.

Very nicely blended...the black hemlock is a lovely and pronounced note. If there is oud, it's the vey well behaved type. No real sharp edges on this one.

Pretty decent longevity on me. Sillage seems about average.

Classy for sure and stands out to me as different and distinct from most of my scents and the usual masculine "work style" scents.

Ormande Jayne needs to do some more masculines!

22nd August, 2020
Classy smelling fragrance ruined by terrible performance. This could have been great!
25th July, 2020
Ormonde Man is a beautiful woody, peppery scent. It starts out strong and then in the dry down it becomes a woody scent rounded off by cardamom. It is smooth and complex. Perfect for office wear.
27th May, 2020
Ormonde Man starts off with some promise but ultimately doesn't really go anywhere.

The initial whiff is quite interesting. As others have stated before, it starts off green, but I smell it as a waxy, aldehydic green. What makes the intro of this neat is that the oud, and possibly the hemlock (which is a fragrance I'm really not familiar with, so I can't be sure), give this a little bit of funk that serves to counterbalance that bright green blast. The problem, though, is that whatever semblance of oud there is lasts only the first few minutes, and then you're left with a bright top and a pretty standard and relatively uninteresting base that fails to evolve in any way.

This is certainly a scent that can be unisex, as I think this leans way more on the feminine side than the masculine. It's not a bad fragrance, but not a good fragrance by any stretch, in my opinion. It's not bad enough for me to give it a thumbs down, but I'd say it's pretty close.
19th November, 2019
A nice, peppery, slightly green opening but that quickly fades to a dry, woody-floral that leans unisex, almost feminine. The woody notes mixed with pink pepper remind me of some of Schoen's other creations, but the florals really pull it in a different direction.

That continues on for many hours and the above average projection seems to be most noticeable in the 4-5 hour range. Longevity is decent, maybe 8-9 hours.
01st May, 2019