Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri (1999)
by Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri information

Year of Launch1999

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchAcqua di Parma

About Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri

Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 1999

Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri fragrance notes

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri

Just a nice, clean, calming citrus. Leans fem to me but this is definitely unisex and also safe for work. The combination of notes almost feels like fig leaves and laundry musks mixed with the soft citrus.

Low projection also makes this good for work or hot temps. Longevity isn't bad at all. I get about 6-7 hours before it gets very weak.
20th May, 2021
rbaker Show all reviews
The Capri orange sets the scene form the start, a restrained orange-and-mandarin sorbet note, not particularly sweet due to touches of bergamot and lemon being added and later in the drydown a bit of petitgrain too. A bit of sage adds a herbal note towards the end of the top notes.

The drydown is characterised by a cardamom that is gently spicy and quite bright, with whiffs of dried grass added at times.

The base is the most intriguing part on me, with a dark and glowing vetiver arising but without any woody or earthy characteristics. This is combined with a soft caramel that justs adds the right amount of sweetness and added depth to it, forming a lovely duo. There is a perfunctory and artificial oakmoss raising its head briefly, to be replaced by some predictably nonspecific white musks towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin, with the last three hours being essentially a skin scent.

This scent for cooler summer days has a pleasant initial phase but an unimpressive and overly generic set if heart notes. The base, however, is more interesting again, and works quite well together. Not a really bright Cologne, and lacking the edge to make it to a convincingly positive composition. 2.75/5
03rd January, 2020
This is a very candied orange and lemon, and a shot of sage that disappears quickly. There is some sweetness from the caramel, but it's an understated Coca Cola. There's a little bit of that Grey Flannel Oakmoss in the background to keep it from going too gourmand. This is a good contribution to the candy citrus style of fragrances.
22nd January, 2019
TeeEm Show all reviews
A beautiful perfume indeed
smells of citrus tree leaves and reminds me of my childhood.

I would wear this after a shower, in a sunny summer day.
It is not strong, very subtle skin scent, very low sillage, low longevity (top ups neened)

The review is based on a sample, so I wonder if the sample was a bit old (out of date)

07th January, 2018
Really not to my taste. I am a big fan of the original Colonia and citrus scents in general, but I cannot abide the orange scent/flavour found in Grand Marnier, Jaffa Cakes, and Terry's Chocolate Orange. This cologne evokes the same feelings in me and I had to scrub it off within 20 minutes of spraying. Sample went in the bin.
04th June, 2017
This scent is driving me crazy Ė it reminds me of something but I canít think what! Maybe lemonade? I love that sharp zing you get when you peel an orange and you get the little bursts of juice from the peel. Thatís what I get when I first spray this on. I also get a slightly green scent, with a hint of rose. Iím also getting the caramel. Really, this is such an unusual combination, what with all of those citrus notes with the caramel, but it works. And the cardamom adds a sort of spicy/herbal kick to this that I really like. Itís rather nice Ė this is another scent that would be great on a hot day after a nice cool shower, itís so fresh smelling.
22nd October, 2016

Add your review of Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri products online

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri

There are no member images of Blu Mediterraneo : Arancia di Capri yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]