Love In White (2005)

HouseCreed
PerfumerErwin Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Love In White

The first new feminine Creed fragrance for five years (the last was 2000 Fleurs), and the first to be debuted in the USA.
The scent is inspired by Olivier Creed's travels on the high seas, "an element of nature that connects all humanity." and according to Creed, the bottle evokes "the shoulders of a feminine figure as she rests upon white sands caressed by the ocean's gentle current. A silver ribbon at the neck conveys sunshine dancing on the Aegean sea".

Reviews of Love In White

Saks sent me a sample of Love in White and Aventus for Her. Aventus was uneventful, but I had hope for Love in White. Creed has largely passed me by for lack of standing out in any way, shape, or form. What are they offering? Rare? Exotic? Artisanry? They failed to get me in Paris, at Knightsbridge, New York, Sydney, Tokyo, Munich, Hong Kong, Geneva, so what’s the catch? Stand and deliver, Creed, what are you offering me? Why do I want you in this crowded luxury market?

Love in White did not answer for its brand. The promising notes of orange, rice, and woods were trounced by matronly florals the wore their welcome out in the first few minutes and lingered. I cannot relate to descriptions of Love in White as upscale or classy. This fragrance was launched in the USA, and perhaps being married to a marketing executive I get to see the man behind the curtain more, but this reeks of an aspirational brand here in USA. Creed continues to be a hard pass for me. The quality is there, but in a sea of choices there is nothing to connect my money or interest to this house and its branding. I would say Creed is about one step away from TJ Maxx if it wasn’t already there. Younger people struggling in the current and yet to come economic downturn, please buy further down the ‘waterfall’ of merchants. Bypass Saks for TJMaxx or Costco if you enjoy Creed.
26th September, 2020
Opening of bright orange followed by florals. Dries down to a nice powdery musk. I found the opening very nice and sad it didn't last as long. The florals were a bit disappointing only lasting a full hour before the musky vanilla base. Overall I did enjoy Love in White and feel if you had to blind buy for someone and wanted Creed, you can't really go wrong, every bit of this perfume was gorgeous from top to bottom, I just wish it lasted longer at this price point.
12th January, 2020
Overall: 2/5
Sillage: 2/5
Longevity: 3/5

I dislike heavily floral scents, but this is a subtle and inoffensive floral with moderate sillage and decent longevity. The jasmine stood out the most to me, though, but it didn't last long.

It loses the complexity of the initial spray upon drydown, and the faint floral transforms into a more powdery and chemical skin-scent. I wanted to like this for the vanilla scent, but I just couldn't smell the vanilla on my skin; it was mostly magnolia, rose and jasmine.

I do see how some would like this, but it just was pretty meh for me.
01st December, 2019
Lovely "white" bouquet of bright florals (mostly jasmine, talky iris and elegant magnolia), soapy/poudree balsams, orange blossoms and diaphane resins. The general Love in White's atmosphere is musky and remotely gourmandish. Dry down is almost yummy. Finally sandalwood takes the stage, kind of rosey, vaguely nutty-creamy, orangy and musky. A vaguely nostalgic fragrance. Not that kind of structure or complexity, this fragrance smells like a sort of classic (far) relative of a more modern-chic Costume National 21. Unisex.
17th October, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a citrus-floral affair. After the initial orange peel, the drydown delivers a lovely floral basket, in which magnolia, iris and jasmine combine to a pleasant bouquet. This potpourri, which is never overly sweet or cloying, constitutes the core of this creation. At times an aroma of rice is present also.

The base adds touches of the ambergris for which this house is known for, together with whiffs of tonka.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

This gently summery scent is a pleasant creation that is blended with skill. Whilst the ingredients are not very original, they are of solid quality and the whole is crafted well. 3/5.
03rd March, 2018
Floral Punch...

I do like this one. I think it's a very strong powdery floral in the opening which is good value for money as it is strong. I get a lot of white florals that project and come across strongly. I get the iris and jasmine and the rice notes. I think it could be suitable for formal occasions. I could see it working casually if applied lightly. Ultimately though, I can think of other fragrances that would offer better value for money if on a budget. Famous people may indeed wear it but that's due to the price and exclusivity more than anything else. I do think it's one to try, but I can't find the depth and intricacy as in other perfumes, although it is undoubtedly well made. It's a loud, yet pedestrian floral that is worth the money if you have it, just not what I would personally recommend if on a budget, or if money was an issue. Overall, well made and will get you noticed. Not at all a bad fragrance from Creed, but not the most complex (to my nose).
12th August, 2017

Add your review of Love In White

Shop for Love In White products online

Shop for Love In White at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Love In White

There are no member images of Love In White yet. Why not be the first?