l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land
by Miller et Bertaux

l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land information

HouseMiller et Bertaux

About l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land

l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land is a shared / unisex perfume by Miller et Bertaux.

l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land fragrance notes

Reviews of l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land

So, it's pretty easy to get the church idea from this scent. Spiritus is reminiscent of a high church service - one that brings out the vestments, incense and other sensory pariphanelia. Basically, I get incense and spices with this. That's not all. I can also smell some ginger, cardamom, and teak wood at times, but the heart of the fragrance is incense, spices and pepper.

This remains mostly linear on me. It's a thumbs up - I'm not in love with it, but it's very nice. Definitely worth a try.
02nd May, 2014
I bought this based on a review I read somewhere. The reviewer mentioned something along the lines of #2 Spiritus/Land being the tougher older brother of Bowling Green (my nostalgic favorite). I was intrigued, of course. Upon trying it for the first time, I was pleased with the incense and ginger notes, but noticed NOTHING in the way of Bowling Green in the slightest (the reviewer must have never smelled Bowling Green, or was high). It has a feel, overall, of a spice rack blended with Springtime. This is not to say that this is great fragrance. Contrarily, this might be the most confusing scent I have owned. I mean, I like it and and stuff... but is this worthy of wearing every day or really trying to impress somebody? No way.

I really enjoy this fragrance in the early Spring. It has a nice personal aroma. Personal in that NOBODY else is going to give a shit about your scent, or mention anything about it to you, unless you ask them first.

I wear this only on certain days, maybe three times a year. That's all this will do for me. I find myself asking: "Is that all there is?"...

Good scent, expensive, hard-to-find. Not great. No wows. No dice. Glad I bought samples and not an entire bottle. "Let's keep dancing..."
16th January, 2013
If fragrances could be film characters, this fragrance would be Hannibal Lechter. It is by far, the most soul-less, hollow and lonely perfume I have ever tested or worn. The Miller et Bertaud fragrances all seem to have a detached chemical aspect to them, but this fragrance is a bone dry (coffin)wood note with a deft use of smoke (cade) that is difficult to titrate artfully. While some have labeled this as a contemplative incense fragrance, I don't get a spiritual or calming vibe from it...I get a depressing emptiness and barren charred landscape. Maybe a scent to be worn if you're going to jump from a building or burn your house down.

I liked Alfarom's review very much...he has dissected this fragrance well.

I am giving this fragrance a "neutral" rating instead of "thumbs down" only because for a detached Goth, this fragrance could be nirvana. Just not for me.
11th September, 2012
Fresh Incense! I know it sounds like an oximoron but overall Spiritus/Land smells exactly like fresh incense. It opens with an incredibly realistic ginger note (but after a while you start to wonder if that was really ginger) and some herbaceous notes to create a quite original accord. Intriguing if not very pleasant, familiar but somehow weird. Everything is juxtaposed to an incensey base that adds to the fragrance a meditative aspect.

While I was waiting for the drydown I went totally crazy to understand this bizarre composition and arrived to this conclusion: It's mainly made of two different parts. On one side you have a very familiar accord that is clean, somehow green and fresh (I call it soap). On the other you have woods, spices and incense. The clash between the two parts gives birth to an odd composition that's quite unique but not completely successful.
03rd August, 2011 (last edited: 05th August, 2011)
Like someone was trying to make a spicy soap. Not the usual 'oriantal spicy' though, no clove or cinnamon or nutmeg. It immediately reminds me of 'clean' like a bedroom with linen blankets, semi-opened blinds, flowers on the window and some potpourri in the wardrobe. There's a church nearby and a garden with herbs. Not the big city by all means. Quiet happiness, lazy summer afternoons with a book.
The thing spoiling the deal for me is that in the drydown it becomes a carbon copy of Montana Parfum d'Homme with its freshly cut tobacco, oakmoss and herbs (being a rustic doppelganger of Aramis Havana). ANd it spoils the deal mostly because I remember how excited I was when I bought Parfum d'Homme and then how I was completely unable to wear it. If you don't think that Montana and Aramis are dated smells then this won't spoil it for you.
15th July, 2011 (last edited: 16th July, 2011)
Notes: incense, sandalwood, rose, tobacco, spice (cardamom, pepper, ginger).
Crisp and juicy ginger – that’s the distinguishing feature of this scent. Sometimes it smells like a freshly-cut root, other times it is like the pickled ginger at a sushi restaurant. Many scents promise ginger, this one delivers! The spices are woody-dry and very good. The incense is haunting, dry, and not over-done. The scent is green and lively. It is bright and invigorating, a real tonic, just like fresh ginger. There are some smoky, tobacco-leaf notes in the background. The dry-down is a satisfying, gentle spice chord. I like this scent a lot.
18th June, 2010