Aoud Cuir d'Arabie (2006)
by Montale

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie information

Year of Launch2006

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie fragrance notes

Reviews of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

Fake real oud

I've always thought this one would just be another of the Montale ouds, so harsh and synthetic that it makes me wish to get it off. But this one is one of the only synthetics that seems to go after the actual smell of oud. Its got some cheesy opening, animalic. The leather is the chemically tan stuff. Astringent tobacco of the best kind, not trying to smell like a cigar, but giving that bitter medicinal vibe. The oud is synthetic smelling, but the addition of the leather and tobacco start to give it a more realistic profile. I find this rather enjoyable. A couple hours in it reaches a more polite profile, though it is still leather, tobacco and oud.
This is a really good one. I hate metal bottles, but I may make an exception for this one if the price is right. Thumbs up.
13th September, 2020
Ok, let me start off by saying that I was on the fence about buying this one. The comments about 'barnyard' and 'fecal' kinda spooked me right off the bat. Owning nearly a dozen Montale fragrances, I knew I just HAD to try this one. So here we go ... The initial blast reminded me a bit of Black Aoud in it's rosiness. Soon thereafter that BARNYARD smell comes through -- which quite honestly smells strongly of INK. Very interesting combination here ... but I really like it! No, it's not a warm weather fragrance but winter/fall definitely. About 30 minutes after the initial spray -- as do all Montale fragrances -- it changes dramatically. I definitely pick up the leather that everyone speaks of. The rose doesn't disappear but it softens up -- much more so than it does in it's Black Aoud brethren. It is an edgy fragrance that leans more towards the masculine IMHO (whereas Black Aoud leans more towards the ladies with it's prominent rose). In your face -- check. Dark and seductive -- check. Black leather jacket and worn jeans -- you bet!! I found a 100ml tester for under $70. Well worth the investment.
10th July, 2020
The grossest perfume I've ever fallen for.

It's got that Montale oud that smells like moldy old medicine, burning rubber, and band aids. There's also a Tuscan Leather-esque leather note, sweet berries on top, and a ridiculous amount of civet, so it's REALLY fecal.

In a way, I think this is one of those scents that's kind of awful that perfume snobs are supposed to like, but behind that is the basic fact that this is just so ridiculous that it stands out from all the repetitive perfumes out there that endlessly copy each other, so in a purely figurative way, it's refreshing to smell.

One more story: I once wore this in an Uber and spent the whole ride thinking that my driver was releasing secret little farts but it ended up being my Aoud Cuir d'Arablie fumes, so it's probably not best for closed spaces...
07th January, 2020 (last edited: 13th January, 2020)
Not my cup of tea at all. As Francolino described it in his review; "skanky cheesy". This has a leather component, but it smells too artificial to my nose, and the oud is a rude and sour background element. Cuir D'Arabie needs something to freshen it and sweeten it up. I can understand why so many Montale's Aoud fragrances have a floral or honey spice element. Typically Montale fragrances open harsh, and then settle into something nicer for a long duration. CD'A does not. It stays pretty awful for a long time. I washed it off after three hours. A thumbs down.
14th December, 2017 (last edited: 16th December, 2017)
the twin cousin of Dior Leather Oud, skanky cheesy kinky oud!
06th November, 2017
I don't consider myself much of a leather lover but Montale's Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is well-blended to the point of being very appealing, among the best I've smelled of the house. It's a mix of leather, oud, birch, and tobacco. The oud makes the experience animalistic, but it's unusually smooth at the same time, blending well with the woody birch and pungent leather.

The leather itself is most pronounced at the opening, fading into the dry down within the first hour and a half. I get only a little tobacco in the dry down, which I would classify is as blend of the leather, oud, and birch. It's a baseball-love-meets-oud sort of mix.

It's not the smoothest leather (a prize I'd still give to Coach Leatherware No. 3), but it might be the smoothest animalistic oud leather, much smoother than I've previously imagined such a type of fragrance being, so it's a pleasant surprise. Still, I can see how it might be polarizing since I confess that animalic scents tend to be hit-or-miss with me.

Performance is well above average, as with most cold-weather Montale fragrances, very strong in both projection and longevity.

8 out of 10
10th May, 2016

Add your review of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

Shop for Aoud Cuir d'Arabie products online

Shop for Aoud Cuir d'Arabie at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

There are no member images of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie yet. Why not be the first?