Sauvignonne
by Ginestet

Sauvignonne information

HouseGinestet

About Sauvignonne

Sauvignonne is a shared / unisex perfume by Ginestet.

Reviews of Sauvignonne

A fresh grapefruity zing when it first goes on, with a crisp tang from the grapes and a touch of wood. After a few minutes, it settles into a pleasant, fruity fragrance, and thatís where it stays. This is my second go at a Ginestet fragrance, albeit in tester form Ė I have a nice big bottle of Botrytis, which I love Ė but sadly, this doesnít seem to have the staying power of Botrytis. Two hours in, and all that was left was a soft, pretty fruity scent, very close to the skin. Four hours in and it was gone. Nice, but itís not for me.
13th June, 2017
It took me several wearings, but I got beyond my initial 'grapefruit splash' impression and finally hooked into the broader picture with this one. When I did there was indeed a somewhat understated regal wine ambiance imbued in it. It isn't about the literal match to sauvignonne wine - it is more about finding that resonance to what it produces in you. A dry wine is all about subtlety and hidden notes. You also take time to discover those notes. I think it's very similar with this fragrance. Yes, it's subtle and easily rushed past or overlooked. But if you sit down with it and let it speak, you discover a level and notes that speak to an ease and refinement, that if matched make this a very amiable companion to those lighter, brighter, more sophisticated simplicities in our life.
01st September, 2014
KarenH Show all reviews
I love this. Plain and simply love it. It's light, mildly sweet without being cloying, and I don't smell anything boozy or "winey" about it -- just a light, clean, mildly citrusy fresh scent that stays. I wore a sample of it for about three days and never tired of it, and have since ordered it. I have found my summer scent with this one.
01st April, 2013

It doesnít present the sophistication of an excellent French wine, but it is an enjoyable (if not a versatile) fragrance that is clean and refreshing and seemingly bubbly. Itís actually little more than a pleasant and well-done grapefruit / fruity cologne, and I donít get any messages of classic wines or the impressive vineyards of Bordeaux. What I love about Sauvignonne is that it is more a bit dryÖ not sweet and in no way cloying. Itís tart and fresh and not syrupy like so many other fragrances. What I donít find impressive is its lack of originality and lack of longevity. Very nice fragrance but its cost and lack of endurance are negatives.

19th January, 2010
this is what champagne would smell like if it was a perfume. bubbly and effervescent citrus. sweet and fabulous in the summer
09th March, 2009
Unfortunetly quite awful. As a great fan of super dry sauvignonne wine I was kind of hoping otherwise.

This is very tart, thin scent which smells like a raw grapefruit in a new wooden box.

It could have been tart indeed, please, but it should have been richer, better balanced with preferably some ripe lime-like bite to it.

Like all Gineste products, this is very nicely packed.
14th September, 2008

Add your review of Sauvignonne

Shop for Sauvignonne products online

Shop for Sauvignonne at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Sauvignonne

There are no member images of Sauvignonne yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]