Tommy Bahama for Men (2005)
by Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama for Men information

Year of Launch2005

HouseTommy Bahama
PerfumerHarry Fremont
Parent CompanyGemini Cosmetics

About Tommy Bahama for Men

Tommy Bahama for Men is a masculine fragrance by Tommy Bahama. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Harry Fremont

Tommy Bahama for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Tommy Bahama for Men

I finally got a now-vintage 3.4oz tester of this at a half-decent price from eBay. I am not one to typically throw down excess amounts for fragrances, but I had to try this one, having read about it so much here and on other sites. And also because the TB St. Kitts Men is one of my-all time favorites (I have stockpiled about 5 of them now from TJX). I have tried most of the other TBs as well, either by blind-buy or in samples. I still have Maritime Deep Blue and the newer TB for him in my collection.

I have to say that I was not disappointed in this. It's of a totally different higher order than anything else in the line. I am guessing it was discontinued due to IFRA Standards meddling? In any case, it's one of the few spendy items in my collection, along with some vintage Cool Water (I was an original wearer in 1988, love vintage Script-Logo CW, and absolutely hate the new formula, which smells like Windex).

First, it's stronger than all the Set Sail line colognes, and lasts longer. The performance is on par with, or slightly under Maritime Deep Blue. It's largely subtle but it does persist. I got a blast of pure bergamont at first, but then I realized that there were other scents creeping in...amber, a hint of ginger, and pepper. It just smelled...well, both relaxed and expensive. The bergamont stayed until the whole scent faded out, a few hours later. It didn't morph or evolve much during the wear. I get the vibe they were going for and it's what I feel that the entire brand identity is about--beaches, cigars, Hawaiian shirts, palm trees, brandy. Definitely a keeper if you can find it and are willing to pay what the seller asks. Yes, I spent too much, but it was on my radar for so long that I needed to see if I needed it. Yes, I needed it as the capstone to my TB experiences...and will need to use it sparingly!
12th June, 2019
Fragrance notes: Coriander, ginger, amber, patchouli, musk, pepper and bergamot

2005 was a year when I experienced some of the most memorable men's colognes. Tommy Bahama was one of them.

TB is a powdery spicy amber scent that fits nicely into the current collection of flankers (Set Sail series). It is not an aquatic scent like its siblings, yet it has an exotic, waterside vacation vibe that never fails to delight. I purchased a mini collection that included TB, St. Barts, and Martinique; each is full of character, taking my mind to distant shores in the Caribbean, images of flip-flops, creamy sand, palm trees, and sparkling clean waters filling my mind as I experience the scents.

I truly enjoy TB original and applaud the creation of the flankers, which are full of personality like the 2005 scent that is still a relevant men's fragrance.

17th August, 2018
The opening is a ginger beer with some nice light woody notes, with the wood being slightly singed. I think it's very masculine, unique and pleasing. In the drydown, only the woods remain.

I get excellent projection and the scent lasts all workday.

14th January, 2018
A very average scent IMO with decent longevity and minimal projection. I get some pear and ginger from the start with decent blend of slight florals and corriander. The base is slightly sweet with amber and some tonka. I would say for the price it's not a bad buy for a casual scent or for the office.
10th October, 2016
This is a decent lasting wood scent. It's a little boozy in the opening but that disappears quickly. The pepper makes it smell a little like pencil shavings. The amber and musk warm it up. It has good longevity on my skin but it's not overpowering. I think it can be used year round and is very comfortable and casual.
23rd November, 2014
My lady got me this fragrance as a gift and it is a great spicy woody scent. I wear if mainly during nights or cooler weather. It reminds me of sandalwood soap and is a great edition to a starting collection for a dark bold scent!
15th March, 2014