Greyland (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Greyland

Greyland is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Greyland

Greyland was an oddball for me.
And indeed a lot of Montales come across that way.

There is wood, plenty of wood, but it is not woodsy. There is smoke, but not cigar smoke or a dirty fire smoke, but rather a clean resinous smoke. Then there is pepper, synthetic white pepper.

overall, this presents a scent most noses have ever smelled in combination and as such presents something totally new.

Signature scent for sure. Worth a sniff.
26th September, 2019
Sawdust, slight touch of burned wood, peppery, cold brisk air. Wood shop with herbally notes after some time. Sharp and pungent vetiver that ends in a heavy cedar dry down.
13th August, 2019
Well, there is a lot of smoke here, and woods - but not the kind of smoke you get from burning logs, with those pleasant ashy and resinous smells. This is rather like burning twigs. Very dry, a touch of spice in the late dry-down. Impressive accords for what it is, but not a great success in terms of personal perfumery for me. Perhaps something to spray on the audience for your school's home production of The Lorax.
24th April, 2018
Montale's 'Greyland' is for the masculine man, unshaven, muscular, well-educated with a take-charge attitude and rugged persona. Pure leather, cedarwood, patchouli, smoke and greens.

This scent literally smells like a wood shop or an old library with vintage leather everywhere and wood paneling with massive dusty old books on shelves. Picture well dressed men sitting in leather loungers smoking cigars and drinking whiskey. That's what this smells like. Women seem to really like it (to my surprise).

Good performance, lasts about six to nine hours depending on weather. Good projection and sillage. This works best and lasts longer in cold weather and winter months though. If tall, rustic, bearded and mysterious had a scent, this would be it.
03rd March, 2018
This is my first Montale purchase. If this scent is any indication of their other offerings, I'm done for...

This, was a blind buy. And blinded, I was. More like blind-sided. My first impression nearly made me fall down, to bawl like a baby. A free ride on an Oriental express train to nirvana-land. I got a natural high on this combination of pepper, cedar, vetiver, sandalwood, guaiac wood, ginger, and musk. Oh, the rose it found itself cradled amongst its spicy cousins! Thank God, I detected no leather. THAT, would have ruined it for me.

I would write that this an offering for Autumn days. Or an evening secret. No such restrictions, for this old girl. I shall wear this whenever I damn well please.
10th May, 2017
A burst of bright shiny cedar, then cumin. LOTS of cumin. It is somewhat metallic, but mostly smells like I didn't use deodorant or shower for 4 days, then ate some chili, and tried to spray cedar on to cover it up.
19th May, 2016

Add your review of Greyland

Member images of Greyland

There are no member images of Greyland yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]