The One (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseDolce & Gabbana
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About The One

The One is a feminine perfume by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2006

The One fragrance notes

Reviews of The One

Even though I find it rather cloying at first - and it has some weird off notes - The One is just about passable. A classically styled floriental, it reminds me of the old Ivoire, and that's no bad thing.
If that were the whole story this would probably get a neutral - because the drydown is sort of ok, but that isn't the whole story.
Along with its peaches and cream, The One uses dodgy molecules for its muguet / lily note, Lyral (already banned) and Lilial (banned from March 2022).
My advice would be avoid, and try something else instead - maybe like Ivoire.

15th March, 2021 (last edited: 15th April, 2021)
rbaker Show all reviews
A pleasant mix: fruity initially and then floral.
Peach and lychee are present very obviously in the opening blast, touch up with a bit of bergamot for brightness. The peach is sweet and ripe, with the bergamot, together with hesperidic whiffs, preventing it from being overly cloying.

The drydown develops impressions of jasmine and lily-of-the-valley, with touches of iris in the background. The initial fruitiness spills over into the floral heart notes.

So far this has been a pleasant, albeit neither a very original nor an overly exciting experience. The base, in contrast to the earlier phases, is very disappointing with its flat and dull attempts at the usual attempts to create the usual mix of white musks, vanilla and a hint of vetiver.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

The earlier stages of this spring creation are pleasant, but the rest is a generic and overly synthetic disappointment. Overall in the middle range. 2.75/5.
01st September, 2017
Fruity floral. I smell peaches and vanilla. Dry-down is peachy floral powder. Nothing to make it stand out.
22nd July, 2017
I wish it stayed with this gorgeous opening of fruit, vanilla and musk. Then it goes very floral. It stays beautiful, but I really loved the opening. Worth trying. A classic. Sillage and longevity are good on the EDP.
05th May, 2017
Sweet, beautiful floral...

A somewhat predictable but very pleasing floral fragrance which is sweetened by fresh doses of fruit and vanilla. This is a smell which I've recognised before, but I don't mind.

I get the peach, jasmine and vanilla. Along with other notes such as plum, lychee and lily-of-the valley. I would recommend it to a younger, aspirational and professional crowd. I do think it would suit anyone of any age, but it's targeted to a younger market I think.

Try this is you like sweet florals but done in a very tasteful way, in typical Dolce & Gabanna style. I do like it, and recommend it. Lovely!
17th June, 2016
The One is one of the few scents in my collection that I can wear all year round. It is a light, cozy and seductive musky-vanilla scent with a hint of peach and jasmin.

Both of the later notes initially set me to wear this on colder months, for the warmth of these particular accord of fruity-florals, but then I tried this one on a very humid and hot wheather in Panama and the heat amps up the amber. Oh, such a delight.

While the most prominent note is the vanilla, it is not a gourmand, for it does not come as sweet, but rather warm and innoffensive, yet distintictive and sophisticated.

My skin chemistry does wonders with ambery fragrances and this one in particular lasts 24+ on me. I can still catch a whiff of it on a sweater or scarf. And the sillage is just perfect for this kind of scent.
14th May, 2016

Add your review of The One

Shop for The One products online

Shop for The One at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of The One

There are no member images of The One yet. Why not be the first?