Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe
by Heeley

Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe information

HouseHeeley

About Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe

Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe is a shared / unisex perfume by Heeley.

Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe fragrance notes

Reviews of Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe

The spearmint and peppermint opening is pure mint with a sharpness at the outset only, that is medicinal yet is still very true to the smell of natural mint leaves. I have a corner in my garden planted with menthe piperita, a beautiful plant that needs constant attention because it grows like a weed and is always flowing out covering the walkway nearby. This fragrance matches the medicinal sharpness of this natural growing mint plant. The mint loses its medicinal sharpness after about an hour and is supported by the green tea heart over a subdued light woods base. I prefer this mint scent over those that sweeten up the mint with vanilla or powder of some sort. There is also a lack of herbal presence that is often found in min fragrances. One of the best mint perfumes I have smelled and what makes it good is the purity of the mint experience. Even though I like it, when I am thinking "mint freshness" in the mornings of reach much more often for mint fragrances that that have a secondary barbershop quality or creaminess such as Guerlain Homme L'Eau or Mugler Kryptomint - but that is a personal preference. Still for mint purity this is close to the best out there.
04th September, 2020
From October, 2015:

The best mint fragrance you can buy. Menthe Fraiche is a cool, clean blast of pure spearmint over a base of light, white green tea. This is one of the most refreshing scents I own and something I look forward to wearing every spring. Projection is very good and I get pretty good longevity from it as well, about 8 hours. Just think refreshing, clean, semi-sweet natural spearmint, crisp and cooling and you'll have a good idea of Menthe Fraiche. If you're in the market for a mint fragrance, look no further. Best for casual daily wear in the warmer months. Thumbs up and recommended as a blind buy.

UPDATE: This is STILL the best mint fragrance I've encountered and I still enjoy wearing it very much. It's one of only a handful of scents I rate a perfect 10/10. If you want a mint fragrance, this is the answer.
13th August, 2019
Not what I was expecting. I was hoping for the fresh mint to last through the wear, but no. This is more a green tea fragrance than a mint fragrance. There is a spearmint in the opening, and that is my favorite part of Menthe Fraiche. The dry down I don't appreciate nearly as much. It takes on a biter, almost sour note as it drys down. Maybe it's just my skin, but I don't appreciate where this ones ends up. I'm sorry too, because I really wanted to love Menthe Fraiche.
29th October, 2017
Paysage au Paysan (Landscape with Peasant), Honfleur, 1912 by Félix Vallotton
21st September, 2017
God this is so good! I wish it lasted more than a couple hours. The opening is menthol minty, awesome authentic spearmint note! It meets an herbal quality green tea. I also get a hefty hefty dose of a flower that is native to Florida, but I'm not sure the name, either tagetes or lantana perhaps.. it blooms in a bulb shape with many little flowers on the bulb, they are orange, yellow and red, often in the same flower, the smell is a floral citrus smell. Although freesia is a note listed in this, that's not what I am getting.

Unfortunately due to its poor performance I will never spend the money for this one. I will try to find something very similar with better performance.

*Update* Without changing my previous review (for compare and contrast purposes) - Now since breaking my own promise and owning a bottle (I do this a lot lol), I have found to get much better performance than when I initially wrote this review. Usually I get a good 6 hours, sometimes more. The fragrance is linear, and I still perceive it the same way as my initial review in terms of smell.
15th April, 2017 (last edited: 24th September, 2019)
rbaker Show all reviews
A delicious opening blast with more the natural aroma of fresh mint and a chewing-gum impression on my skin. Combine that with a good bergamot added in, and a beautifully refreshing but not loud mint combination ensues. Superb.

The top notes very gradually fade and last for about five to six hours on my skin - unexpectedly long for such a scent. Then a base with blond wood follows, which is a bit basic but really only an afterthought to the main impression.

With moderate sillage, good projection and a total longevity of nearly eight hours, the performance is much better that expected from a mint-based composition.

A summer delight made of high-quality ingredients - not with the most exciting development but nontheless a very successful implementation of a classic concept. 3.5/5.

15th May, 2016

Add your review of Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe

Shop for Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe products online

Shop for Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe

There are no member images of Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe yet. Why not be the first?