Notice: We will be offline from Monday 27 September as we upgrade the site. More details here.

Cannabis Santal (2006)
by Fresh

Cannabis Santal information

Year of Launch2006

HouseFresh
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Cannabis Santal

Cannabis Santal is a shared / unisex perfume by Fresh. The scent was launched in 2006

Cannabis Santal fragrance notes

Reviews of Cannabis Santal

Maybe that's why I don't care much for this, it's so heavy on the patchouli. This is one of the few fragrances I bought at full price, it's kinda hard to even find on sale, or discounted much. This is a bonafide A*Men, with more patchouli, and less gourmand. Although it is still extremely sweet, it's not "foody" sweet.

I do get a lot of sandalwood in this, but it's masked unfortunately with an array of sweet notes. Despite the note breakdown, I don't get chocolate, not very much, and there's definitely no rose in here. I do get a ton of tonka bean though, and yes it's the dreaded cheap smelling tonka bean.

I think the sandalwood is well done, and even the patchouli (although not my favorite note).. however the sweeter notes are cheap and synthetic smelling.

Projection is pretty strong, longevity, 6 hours on my skin, before becoming a skin scent and then going for another 4-6 hours.

Why it's called Santal and has no sandalwood in the note breakdown is beyond me.. I trust my nose though, and I definitely get sandalwood here.

What sparked me to finally review this, is that I've decided to sell my bottle on Ebay, to try and get close to what I paid for it. After 2 years of owning this, I've worn it once. I truly believe the reviewer below me, that this was reformulated, because it smells way more patchouli heavy, than gourmandish as it did when it first came out.

You be the judge.
03rd September, 2017
This one used to be fantastic. Sadly it was reformulated about 4 years ago and now features far more patchouli than it originally had. Be that as it may, this is still the best fragrance on offer from Fresh.
29th June, 2017
No cannabis, no santal, where did they get the name for this fragrance? I'll bet they drew it from a hat.
Broad brush strokes of dark chocolate on a patchouli/vetiver canvas. Not bad really, actually kinda pleasant and oddly fresh (I cannot figure how they could create a fresh feeling out of dark chocolate, but they achieved it).
It gets only a neutral from me because I feel cheated by the name, I expected something completely different, but it is not a bad fragrance at all.
11th February, 2015
It has a slight marijuana hint. Lots of vanilla. A great fragrance and worth the risk at only $40ish.
02nd August, 2014
If you are expecting to smell like a doobie, this perfume is not for you. Instead, despite the name, is a sweet, chocolate, foodie-type perfume, which I'm just not into. The longevity was really good, I smelled like a candy bar for hours.
08th March, 2014
A great surprise indeed! What a hidden gem. Cannabis Santal despite the name has no cannabis in it. Instead we have a lovely chocolate/patchouli/plum option to the designer Angel Men. Here as a friend said and I quote, we have a green A* men which is much more versatile and easy to the nose. Great silage and longevity in this edp fragrance which is very under the radar. A must try in my opinion.
12th April, 2012

Add your review of Cannabis Santal

Shop for Cannabis Santal products online

Search on ebay

fresh Cannabis Santal

US • Buy it now: USD 110.20.

fresh Cannabis Santal

US • Buy it now: USD 110.20.

Member images of Cannabis Santal

There are no member images of Cannabis Santal yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]