La Perla Blue (2004)

PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyInvestindustrial > Morris
Parent Company at launchHenkel > Morris

About La Perla Blue

La Perla Blue is a feminine perfume by La Perla. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

La Perla Blue fragrance notes

Reviews of La Perla Blue

cello Show all reviews
La Perla Blue is a quiet and carefree summer scent. I try not to hold against it the fact that it is blue, but instead just enjoy it for what it is - a soft floral over a slightly watery undercurrent.

It burst open with a zesty citrus tip, where I smell quite a bit of lemon, and moves into a smooth, pastel floral. I get a lot of violet, a maybe a bit of magnolia, but it is never sharp. All this plays out over a vague, watery aspect, a wet and cool humidity. It somewhat reminds me of Reflection Woman in that way, soft florals next to a wading pond or fountain. It closes with soft woods and a hint of patchouli.

A blue fragrance to enjoy if you are in the mood for a simple summer scent.
26th March, 2013
I acquired a bottle of La Perla BLUE scent unsniffed on the strength of my nose's reception to the original LA PERLA, which I find simply fantastic. My hope was that the house of La Perla would prove to be similar to that of Trussardi: a hidden treasure trove bearing within it many beauties to be unearthed.

What I have found is that BLUE is not nearly so appealing to me as LA PERLA, but it's a bit difficult to say why. One problem is the generally strange quality of BLUE as regards category. It's sort of a chypre, and not really aquatic but somehow watery. BLUE combines notes in an original way which makes it difficult to wrap my nose around. I want to like it, and I've been working my way through the bottle in an effort to gain a deeper understanding of this perfume, but I have to say that it does not really fill me with delight.

Yes, BLUE is wearable, and a perfectly fine choice for summertime, in that it is light and carefree and does not degrade in the heat. However, I don't find myself worrying about how I'll replenish this supply once it has been depleted. I tend to prefer declarative, unequivocal perfumes with clean lines. BLUE is just a touch too blurry and vague. Perhaps what really matters in the end is that I simply do not derive the same sense of refreshment from BLUE as I do from my other summertime scents.
27th July, 2011

Add your review of La Perla Blue

Shop for La Perla Blue products online

Shop for La Perla Blue at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of La Perla Blue

There are no member images of La Perla Blue yet. Why not be the first?