Ange ou Démon (2006)

PerfumerJean-Pierre Béthouart
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Ange ou Démon

The face of the launch campaign is Marie de Villepin, the daughter of French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin.

Ange ou Démon fragrance notes

Reviews of Ange ou Démon

This is so tempting. Lightly and warmly spicy - just a bit, a bit sweet, a bit intoxicating - but not overwhelming - a bit deep, but not very dark, very inviting and subtly sexy. A beautiful perfume, a gorgeous bottle, a treat to senses.
12th April, 2021 (last edited: 15th April, 2021)
A gorgeous and strong gourmand opening, then a fruity dry-down. A reverse fragrance. I wish it stayed stronger for a longer time.
09th June, 2018
Amazing perfume. deep and sweet. great longevity and sillage.
14th January, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
A mandarin note in the opening blends well with a light and gentle saffron note, that is much less intensive than e.g. in Sultan Safran by Comptoir Sud Pacifique, which was a regular of mine for some time. The drydown is flowery, with a pleasant orchid impression combining with a lily note. So far it is a pleasant composition, but the base with its wood and vanilla is quite generic on my skin, albeit never too sweet.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and five hours of longevity; over nice but the end phase is a disappointment. 2/5
21st June, 2015
I may be coming onto this fragrance too late in the game. I'm having problems finding the distinction in this from many an oriental gourmand. It's been done many times before. Or is it many times since?  And I wish I could glimpse the angel and it's shadow, the demon.  I envisioned a frosty cool, achingly beautiful lily/orchid, set high above a beastly, hot counterpoint of darkness below it. But it really isn't a fragrance like that at all. The angel, from the smell of it, is another homage to Angel... sigh. Sometimes fragrances can be so deriviative. This is more bearable than Angel, but it’s hard to find the wickedly sensual in vanilla, orange and herb.

But what it is... If I take away my expectations, it is a midtone, modulated, richly vanillic cool floral gourmand. I'm not attracted to this style, so I'm having problems being fair to it. Except I really don't have to. All I know is that on my skin this doesn't shine or become sultry, become a delicious fragrance, all the things others say about it. I can't feel anything more than ambivalence. I will pass, and look for one that has a little more sensuality, depth and floral and less creamsicle.
30th May, 2015 (last edited: 09th May, 2019)
Salutation.

First Factor attracted me to this was The Wonderful heavy Crystal Bottle so i expected a Mysterious or Magical scent but when i Tried it,I found that The bottle have Artistry!ANGE OU DEMON smells Nice but not Unique. in other words Sultry,Oriental,Feminine,Warm, Modern,Hypnotic and Seductive.

ANGE OU DEMON by GIVENCHY is notes the Essence of seductive femininity that is effortlessly charming impressive and enticing.It opens with fresh notes then quickly reveals it is a warm feminine Scent by Floral heart as it is uplifiting.Vanilla in the base notes makes it Sweet.

Tottaly it is Not too strong and not too mild for me.A Ladylike Perfume but in a Seductive Way. Perfect for a Modern lady,a lady who reveals the subtlest hint of Emotion.it is not for a Shy Character and Without doubt is seemly for Special Occasions in Winter Eveninigs.

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?Above Average on my skin.

6.25/10
24th May, 2015

Add your review of Ange ou Démon

Shop for Ange ou Démon products online

Shop for Ange ou Démon at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Ange ou Démon

There are no member images of Ange ou Démon yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]