Black Orchid Eau de Parfum (2006)
by Tom Ford

PackagingDoug Lloyd
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Black Orchid Eau de Parfum

Black Orchid Eau de Parfum is a feminine perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Apel. The bottle was designed by Doug Lloyd

Black Orchid Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Orchid Eau de Parfum

kewart Show all reviews
Oh my word! This has to be the ultimate "lorelei" scent.

Have you ever seen pigs rooting enthusiastically for truffles? I feel like one of those when I apply this dark,narcotic scent. The bottle is black and attractive and so is the perfume inside.

I first sprayed Black Orchid a few years ago in a House of Fraser store in Birminham, whilst my husband was looking at shoes, then spent the next five minutes with my nose glued to my wrist.I only had to walk a few yards and complete strangers told me I smelled amazing. I was grateful for their feedback since my own dear husband is anosmic (oh the irony!)

Suffice it to say I was smitten and felt surrounded by a secret cloak of desirability. This is potent stuff - be in no doubt of that fact, Apply with caution,like a touchpaper,then stand back and wait for the fireworks to begin!

07th June, 2020
This is really attractive. Dark seductive fruity floral patchouli mix. I like the blend, it just melds all together. Performance is giant. Last all day. Projects prerty hard. Leans feminine. Could probably be worn by the right man. Smells like good quality. Doesnt drastically change.
06th January, 2020
Loud, syrupy-sweet, feminine floral opening. I also get plenty of chocolate-vanilla, maybe tuberose. Later into the drydown, it becomes a soft, sweet, powdery, wood scent that is more unisex, pleasant and seductive.

Performance is excellent with big projection and 9-10 hour longevity.
25th July, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is rich and complex. Orange and bergamot add a fresh side, but the main thrust is dark floral, with jasmine, gardenia and whiffs of oleander givens a shadowy tone from the orchid that gives this creation its name.

The drydown adds a fruity touch of redcurrent, combined with a peppery and spicy undertone; the latter with a good incense aroma that adds an oriental vibe.

Further into the base a tonka-based sweetness develops, quite rich and creamy at times. A dork patchouli also develops, a soft patchouli without any significant harshness or sharpness. Cocoa features at times too, and I detect and nonspecific woodsiness towards the end.

I get strong sillage, excellent projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

A rich autumnal creation, good day and night, at times a touch generic but otherwise complex enough to provide good olfactory entertainment. 3.25/5.
17th April, 2019
I would not say bad about this fragrance however it is more for a mature audience. Anyone under 30 may not want to pull this off. It is a floral composition, strong and have fantastic projection. Looking at the notes would somewhat give away the kinda fragrance that it would be. The scent is linear and does not change its appearance. Do not attempt to over spray as it is rich and will be cloying.
22nd March, 2019