Tuscan Leather (2007)

Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Tuscan Leather

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Reviews of Tuscan Leather

Thereís a blatant dirty note in this - Iím surprised itís not mentioned more. The first time I tested this on skin, I even went to my kitchen spice rack in the hopes I could identify this almost-but-not-quite sweaty smell. No dice - thyme smells totally different. Iím not able to discern any raspberry (or any other fruity note), no jasmine, either. As it dries down, it becomes very petrochemical and finally I get a clear peek at the leather. The black leather is hard, nothing soft or suede-like (I ride a Harley, and my black leather reference is the smell of my riding chaps). The gasoline smell eventually slides away to leave leather standing alone. Iíve tried this several times now and the conclusion Iíve arrived at is the drydown (just ok, not great) isnít worth what I have to endure to get there.
28th June, 2020
A boring leather with no petrol or dirt in sight. Not at all as brash or in your face as others claim it is. Just a soft fruity leather. Incredibly boring and not at all worth the money. With all of the other wonderful leathers out there I see no need for this to exist.
12th June, 2020
This is enjoyable, interesting and evocative for me, but will not be for everyone. Tuscan Leather kicks off with a photorealistic rendition of new car leather, cocaine and raspberry. Itís brash, unashamedly synthetic and in your face in a manner I particularly enjoy, in the same way that many people find getting a whiff of petrol to be pleasant.

As the alkaloid/diesel top dies down it turns into a mixture of spicy hide with a solid chemical base that never seems to let its opening go away completely. For a 2012 batch performance is strong lasting over 12 hours, sillage is tight and dense.

Itís simple to describe, easy to like, but challenging to justify a full bottle at Private Label prices is dicey.... for one simple reason.

Fahrenheit.

If Fahrenheit is a hardworking, modest, industrialist millionaire, Tuscan Leather is his depraved, entitled trust fund douche bag son. Amazing execution and all, is Tuscan Leather worth triple the asking price of the father of this style?

Still a definite thumbs up and Iím very happy with my decant. But if you havenít referenced Diorís masculine classic, that ought to be your jumping off point.
20th May, 2020
First of all I must confess to being a new nose to reviewing fragrances and have only recently developed a collection. Since starting my collection Iíve developed a distinct preference for Tom Fordís scents.
When I sprayed Tuscan Leather on my skin for the first time I really didnít like it. It smelled like very old dry leather without a hint of the fruit and spice itís supposed to contain. To give it a real world description it was reminiscent of an old saddlerís museum with the old saddles and bridles on display.
However, a couple of hours later the stale oldness faded and a more distinct leathery and fruitiness remained.
27th April, 2020
This is a very dry leather. As if you're smelling a totally dried up tan leather hide at a manufacturer's place. If there's even raspberry present in the opening, it's a very papery one and almost not present at all. Also, it's as if the stem of the plant has been scraped too.

After the opening the spicyness is, well, awful. A harsh thyme, making it lean towards the scent of a kitchen spices cupboard. My best description atttempt: a concoction of thyme, cloves and sharp incense.

If only that leathery opening just remained as is. I would have rated it neutral. More raspberry and with the spice mess out of it, I would've rated it positive even. Where Tuscan leather goes however after the opening is just.. bad, for a lack of better words. Oh and then there's the price...
27th January, 2020
One of the best modern leathers on the market today and worthy of all the acclaim and buzz. There is a reason it get's copied by Clive Christian and others as it's a modern designer masterpiece, great job with this one TF! A must try.
16th December, 2019