Amber Absolute (2007)

About Amber Absolute

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Amber Absolute fragrance notes

Reviews of Amber Absolute

As others have said here, it really does open up sort of boozy, and just a tad bit animal dirty. That all goes away quickly, and AA becomes this powerful amber patchouli bomb! I get a little blended in incense, however I wish it had more. It’s moist and thick like most of the TF private blends, and lasts all day. I think it has some nice similarities to Sahara Noir too. Very well done!
20th January, 2020
I'm starting a week of Amber heavy frags with an off-the-scoreboard home run. To be clear, I'm a big Tom Ford fan. And juice like this is why. It's big, and delivers a boozy shot followed by Amber accord and incense swirling around each other. The patchouli whispers in and out. It lasts and projects. The only down side will be finding 6 more amber heavy scents as beastly as this one.
17th February, 2019
I mainly get amber and incense. Very seductive and nuclear projection, longevity & sillage. Not my style as i'm not a massive amber fan but masterfully blended and surely one of the best amber fragrances ever made!!?
03rd November, 2018
Just got my bottle of Amber Absolute, and here's my experience with it...

Starts out boozy, but not overwhelmingly so. There is a resemblance to a glass of Sambuca, strong with licorice note. The alcohol subsides within a minute, and the African incense plus amber accord really stick out.

Patchouli also becomes quite evident, brighter than what I'd usually experience with other colognes. Labdanum and sandalwood are subtly intertwined about the former notes, and what I get minutes from spray-on is a very pleasant, powdery high-quality amber that is just AWESOME.

It doesn't smell multi-layered in the end: It is a composite construction, putting forth a smooth, spicy and sweet vibe that leans towards an oriental family of fragrance. It just feels great, and it gets compliments every time I wear it.

Amber Absolute is a masterpiece that is addictive and appealing, worthy of being in any serious collector's arsenal.
19th September, 2018
This smells pretty darn amazing. I can't detect individual notes too much but it basically smells of a very oriental amber with frankincense and vanilla, with Middle Eastern vibes and a touch of smoke. It smells very gourmand and has the aroma of a very high-end luxury chocolate dipped in some sort of Middle Eastern sweet. It's very mysterious and dark yet sweet but in an edible way. It kind of reminds me of the idea of standing in a Middle Eastern spice market but beside someone smoking hookah and selling exotic sweets. I also detect something that smells like very authentic and realistic cedarwood (not the synthetic kind). Sillage is beastmode while longevity is also beastmode.

14th June, 2018
A pleasure for your nose and for the lucky people around you, Amber Absolute smells sweet, delicious, woody, sensual and when i say sensual i mean in fact aphrodisiac.

Maybe the most complimented scent from TF.
31st May, 2018