Lonestar Memories (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Lonestar Memories

Lonestar Memories is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Lonestar Memories fragrance notes

Reviews of Lonestar Memories

Bizzaro LDDM. Its leather forward. Its got an incensey sage soap leather thing going on, overlying the same dusty amber. Really just feels like a leather flanker, to be honest, finished with laundry musk. But i like leather, and like LDDM. The dry down here i just find somewhat uninspiring. It feels less than. And a bit of a different feel than the opening. The developement is drastic. Its a neutral.
06th January, 2020
When your ranch hand boyfriend knocks on your door late one night after a long day on the farm, wearing nothing but leather chaps, a jockstrap, his cowboy hat, and a few sprays of L’air du desert Marocain—that’s Lonestar Memories. It all starts off a little funky, animalic and meaty from the birch tar with tanned hides and a sharp hit of geranium. But once that leather comes off, it’s a sweet, joyous drydown, the soft and supple sun-kissed skin delivered Tauer-style.

But, did L’ADDM need to go butch leather? I’m not sure. If you feel like the classic isn’t quite masc enough, or dirty enough, or raw enough, or lacks the power top vibes you were after, this is one to consider. Personally, I can’t imagine reaching for this over Tauer’s benchmark classic. That said, it’s still very good, and very sexy, and probably just incredible under the right circumstances on the right body.
25th October, 2019
This opens with a blast of leather-smoke-carnation and just a hint of TCP/Root beer. There's a bit of spice and sweetness there, but mostly it all about the leather-y smoke. It last forever (12 hours +) on me, and doesn't change much - the smoke fades a bit and the sweet amber/tonka in the base becomes more prominent. It smells like a bonfire and an old leather jacket, with a bit of warm sweetness underneath. Beautiful in small doses. I've tried sniffing it with Lutens A La Nuit on the other arm to bring out the jasmine (when I was at home alone to avoid suffocating anyone...) and there are some floral elements, but they're quite dry and muted, even when you're looking for them.
15th June, 2018
Goes on like a son of a bitch!! I mean really heavy handed. I'm sure I won't like it but the dry down?? Well....It gets much better. The problem with this one is that it is just too strong and too overwhelming. That makes it unwearable for me. It will just dominate a room. Really get up peoples noses and can come across as obnoxious and boarder line rude. The bottom line is that I view this as a very well constructed fragrance but just too potent for me.
17th May, 2018 (last edited: 21st May, 2018)
where am i coming from?
where am i coming from?
that i'm saturated with such a night's smell ?
Forugh Farrokhzad(1934-1967)
02nd January, 2018
Ridden hard, dusty, trail weathered leather with a large dose of clary sage, cinnamon and cistus. Lonestar Memories is the predecessor to Lonesome Rider. I recently sampled LR and found it easy wearing and smooth, LM is hard and weathered by comparison. It's a very interesting, well executed concept that Andy Tauer deftly employs in both scents and they both are equally derivative of the other. For me LM is just not anything I could wear often and I much prefer LR over it. Powerhouse sillage and longevity. I'll give it a neutral, probably deserving of better.
27th November, 2017