Acqua di Sale
by Profumum

Acqua di Sale information

HouseProfumum

About Acqua di Sale

Acqua di Sale is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum.

Acqua di Sale fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Sale

It has a a definite marine aspect, though not as strongly marine as squid by Zoologist. It doesn't stir me with memories of the seaside or anything like than so in view of the excessive price, I am neutral on it.
01st July, 2020 (last edited: 17th July, 2020)
We often wear perfumes for intensely personal (read: romanticized) reasons - quality be damned.

I'm personally glad to call Acqua di Sale a "quality" fragrance, but perhaps I'm doing so because it reminds me so fondly of growing up on the shores of the Northeastern United States.

Perhaps I feel such a close connection to this fragrance because I'm a self-professed "summer boiii" and love to love the warmth of sunshine and all the other romanticized cliches that go along with that.

Acqua di Sale is purely a wash of summertime memory and joy to me. Whether you find it to be of quality or not, I'll always want to wear this because I almost always want to experience heat and brine and cool waters and humid air and other scent memory.
09th April, 2019 (last edited: 15th April, 2019)
This is an outstanding aquatic.
You can smell the sea salt and the sand on warm yet fresh ocean breaze.. Perhaps because the aquatic is so realistic you even get fleeting glimpses of fish scales but look again and they're gone. Preferably so.
After half an hour this settles down to the exact skin smell you get when you have been for a swim and then sunbathed on the beach reading books and sipping ice cold drinks with a hint of mint thrown in.
A masterpiece.
Would I wear this? No. This is not a picture I want to smell of even though it is beautifully done. Maybe for a confident beautiful athletic woman but even then there are better pictures she could paint.
Heeley's Sel Marine is not a patch on this although it is more wearable. Still not for me though. It is irrelevant in the shadow of its cousin Heeley's excellent Yuzu.

Fragrance: 5/5
Projection: 3-4/5
Longevity: 4/5
08th December, 2017
Profumum Acqua di Sale is an odd marine composition--salty and musky, primarily, but also slightly woody and herbal. The marine aspect is strong, as there's some vague idea of seaweed and even sand/dirt in it. It comes off genuinely mixed in the way that seawater often is.

Nothing special in terms of projection or longevity, Acqua di Sale is a performance letdown for a house that generally has a reputation of strong fragrances, which should be an expectation anyway, at $250 for 100ml EDP.

6 out of 10
28th September, 2016
vadim Show all reviews
Russian Federation
Opens with a blast of what seems to be mint, not unlike Lauder's Metropolis, then softens down to an unimaginative warm, sweet and musky middle. It's only by a stretch of imagination that you'll discern a faint marine freshness behind the powdery drydown.
14th January, 2016
For me, certain oceanic scents are lovely, but they tend to be more subtle or accords that play a role in more complex creations. In this case, neither of those things are true, but it does what it says on the tin rather well. It's linear and rather straightforward, with no implied gender at all.

The longevity and sillage are excellent (which means they were endless and overpowering to me); so there's value in the cost.

There are no shortage of oceanic options, but if you want an uncomplicated, strong sea scent, it's worth trying.
08th October, 2015

Add your review of Acqua di Sale

Shop for Acqua di Sale products online

Shop for Acqua di Sale at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Acqua di Sale

There are no member images of Acqua di Sale yet. Why not be the first?