Maitresse (2006)

PerfumerChristian Provenzano
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchSelective Beauty

About Maitresse

Maitresse is a feminine perfume by Agent Provocateur. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christian Provenzano

Maitresse fragrance notes

Reviews of Maitresse

rbaker Show all reviews
A pleasant white floral basket of top notes, centering around a sweetish ylang-ylang that is not bad but not a particular excelling example of a note based on this particular floral species. There are better ylang-ylangs around indeed.

The drydown sees the rise of a jasmine, which - on my skin - us of the light and bright variety. The base is more influenced by an iris undertone, with a superveninent ambery impression; whiffs of a light white musk and of a mildly tart patchouli are present at times.

The sillage is moderate, the projection adequate, and the longevity is excellent - nine hours.

This is quite a pleasant spring scent, but overall all the notes are quite generic, synthetic and on the dull side. Not bad though - just not very convincing. 2.5/5.

Mistress
does not cause me
Distress
but suffers from
Colourlessness.
27th January, 2016
This was a blind buy because I like powdery florals. It is nothing like I expected. Sharp, spicy and overpowering. Sweet, elegant, powder? I get none of that. Too strong for me to enjoy, nothing subtle about it.
20th February, 2013
Pretty scent, but nothing outstanding. I love white florals and powdery scents, but this one just doens't offer anything special. Rather generic. I expected more from the image it was projecting.
09th May, 2012
Initially attracted to the sexy bottle, my expectations for this fragrance were extremely high. I am a lover of white florals yet a hater of aldehydes, so I knew that my opinions regarding this fragrance would be mixed.

Maitresse begins with a soft and powdery white floral. At this point I was glad that the aldehydes were not too prominent yet disappointed that the fragrance didn't have enough power. Unfortunately this perfume didn't have the strength of Agent Provocateur, to me it was a subtle, musky and soapy scent.

For some people this fragrance may be sexy, but for me, my definition of sexy is very different. If I had to describe Maitresse, I would say it is more romantic. Because it is so light, this fragrance would make a perfect daytime or office scent.

26th April, 2011
I smelled this in the store a few times and was never really impressed with the way it smelled on the card and so I never actually tried it on my skin. A few years later my best friend gave me the scented, shimmery lotion and I love it. It is not like any perfumed lotion I've had before. I don't feel the need to layer because the lotion has incredible staying power. It is a subtle scent, nothing overpowering. It is warm and just a bit sweet. I usually hate florals but there is something different about this one. I love it.
29th October, 2010
At first my mother used to were this lovely scent then i needed to buy it to!
With my chemistry this smelled so oriental and sexy.
This is really my favorite scent for romantic or pick me up perfume.
I found the love of my life with this perfume now my husband and he still go's crazy about it everytime i wear it.
Men really love this scent!
But be carefull with applying just a little go's a long way...
12th May, 2010

Add your review of Maitresse

Shop for Maitresse products online

Shop for Maitresse at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Maitresse

There are no member images of Maitresse yet. Why not be the first?