M2 Black March (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseCB I Hate Perfume
PerfumerChristopher Brosius

About M2 Black March

M2 Black March is a shared / unisex perfume by CB I Hate Perfume. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Brosius

Reviews of M2 Black March

I found this scent to be very well matched to its description. It is a dense deep wet scent that brings thoughts of melting snow seeping into the dirt and the feeling that spring will start tomorrow for sure.
I find this very wearable for daily use despite its specific scent. My only complaint is that like all CB scents I find it fades in about an hour to a lackluster but not bad green floral scent.
16th January, 2019
In the vial, the smell conjures a vivid image of dark, soaking-wet soil along with jonquil or narcissus. On skin, it's less vivid, but still incredibly evocative to someone like me who loves gardening, especially during those early spring days after being cooped up all winter. One hour in it warms slightly, & the floral notes become more prominent, but otherwise this is a linear fragrance, & that earthy accord remains all the way through. The projection is low, & the texture of this "water perfume" is oddly oily, but it lasts well.
Comparing this with Demeter's Dirt, I'd say this one is similar, but wetter in feel. Whereas in Dirt the soil is enjoying the first drops of rain after a long dry spell, here the soil has been deeply soaked over the course of a cold, wet winter, & is only just beginning to warm with the spring. Both are brilliant, & recommended if you crave that earthy, outdoor smell we gardeners love.
31st May, 2016
Poetic,exiting and goth.This is early spring bottled. Super hyper realistic.
01st November, 2015
Sort of the culmination of CB's geosmin obsession, this one's not really wearable as a lasting perfume but it's a showstopper as a snapshot of a specific moment. Torrential rain, wet soil and moss, giving way to new spring growth and green florals. Technically brilliant, but much more of a museum piece than a perfume.
23rd September, 2014
Christopher Brosius has really amazed me with this. This is the smell of spring where I grew up. Smells completely natural. Many people say they can't wear it because they don't want to smell like dirt and twigs, but it smells terrific. there's no reason you shouldn't wear it if you like it. and I do.
09th April, 2014
Impressive in realizing a concept. Not terrible wearable. Phase 1: wet soil. Phase 2: flowers poking through the earth. I don't like florals too much, but this gives me an idea - do I like dirt(y) florals? Yes, the world needs more dirt florals. Phase 3: a few hours in, the weakest state of the perfume, it's a watery, powdered shadow of itself. Sniffing my wrist is slightly unpleasant. Not a good look, but I doubt anyone else can smell it at this point.

I first tested this perfume right after several others, and found solace in its earthy, decidedly anti-perfume nature. Testing it alone for a whole day, I concluded it was a nice escape but not a place I want to stay in. Interested to try CB's other offerings with dirt notes to see which does the dirt floral best.
19th November, 2013

Add your review of M2 Black March

Shop for M2 Black March products online

Search on eBay

Member images of M2 Black March

There are no member images of M2 Black March yet. Why not be the first?