Jasmin de Nuit (2004)

HouseThe Different Company
PerfumerCéline Ellena
PackagingThierry de Baschmakoff

About Jasmin de Nuit

Jasmin de Nuit is a shared / unisex perfume by The Different Company. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Céline Ellena. The bottle was designed by Thierry de Baschmakoff

Jasmin de Nuit fragrance notes

Reviews of Jasmin de Nuit

Spicy clear jasmine
Fills night with bright colors of
Its truest spectrum.
28th February, 2020
A nearly candied sweet opening. The citrus and anise mix well, like a cordial beverage. After a couple of minutes jasmine enters. It is slightly dirty underneath. Indoles begin to intensify. There is a bit of "nuttiness" from cardamom. Cinnamon, just hovers.

Eventually this turns to all jasmine. The dirtiness begins to fade. This, is actually a very good jasmine-centric fragrance. One of the better ones I've tried. Sandalwood has a greenish tinge to it. Amber and patchouli are smashed together. They don't smother the jasmine at all. They seem to compliment it well.

Much later, a smooth amber-ish tone lingers on the skin. Well done fragrance!
22nd June, 2019
This is pleasant. It opens with some definate jasmine, but that is supported by cinnamon and berry (the current someone mentioned sounds right. Definately a dark red berry in the current/cranberry family) The other spices are likely there too but it's difficult to pick them out. This is a very well blended scent, which isn't always something I enjoy but this is never muddy or perfumey.

The drydown is a nice blend of amber and patchouli with the sandalwood taking more of a backseat (or maybe my skin just soaks it up). It is again solidly blended and seems to change. Sometimes it's a solid amber, a little lighter than ambre sultan. Sometimes it's a dank blended out hint of patchouli, similar to Angel. Sometimes there is a hint of vanilla.

My biggest complaint is between the opening and the drydown there is a vanilla note that is very "cheap vanilla candle" scented -- creamy and fake french vanilla without quite smelling like vanilla and almonds. It blends with the spices and the resins so it's not always bad, but there's occasional "bad Christmas candle" moments.
19th October, 2016
This review is for the older formula.

This jasmine is warm, indolic & spiced with cinnamon & anise. I don't get the listed citrus notes at all. It's animalic in a soft, furry way; nothing too filthy or offensive here. A whiff of patchouli brings an earthiness to the mix, & later there's a grassy note in the heart. It doesn't change much in the drydown, fading to a skin scent five hours in, & almost gone after eight. Another reviewer compared it with Musc Ravageur, & I can see the resemblance, except of course for the added jasmine. I would class this as a jasmine-based floriental, rather than a white floral in the usual sense.
I did notice that when I first wiped the dabber on my arm, the spices were more pronounced, the animalic side less so. But after decanting & spraying, these impressions were reversed. I wonder if this, as well as the reformulation, accounts for the differing impressions one reads of this perfume?
06th September, 2016
The opening of Jasmin de Nuit is really nice and intriguing, with fairly more amber and vanilla than
jasmine - a synthetic, dusty, "grey" amber-vanilla accord. The jasmine appears like buried under a layer of this grey sweet dust, enveloped in a fog of ambery silky notes, which is a great visual effect, as it makes me think of the smell of ancient, Neoclassic statues in gardens. Plus, it also has a whole more contemporary side, as this "satin" feel may also be viewed as an industrial, polished kind of powdery feel. Shortly other notes come in too: aniseed, cinnamon, eugenol (cloves) and a light hint of patchouli, all with the same rarefied appearance, all sharing a warm, ambery and slightly fizzy feel (I guess due to ambroxan, or however, pleasantly artificial). A radiant, graceful, nostalgic but also surprisingly contemporary scent. Warm and cold from times to times. In all this, the jasmine is still a sort of white shade that comes and goes, finally vanishing quite soon - which leads us to the main weakness of this scent, which is the drydown, quite dull and linear, mostly centered on spices. Nonetheless, apart from that, a nice, elegant, interesting modern scent.

7,5/10

P.S. I don't smell anything indolic at all.
28th September, 2014
The Different Company line has always left me quite cold, none of their fragrances has ever really struck me, JdN itself was a huge disappointment, when I was looking for a more realistic jasmine.
Then, last July, after a holiday in Kefalonia, where I could smell jasmine literally everywhere, I decided to revisit some fragrances I had overlooked and fell for Jasmin de Nuit! It's not the flower itself- to be truly honest I barely can detect it, one could mention tens of more meaningful fragrances in this respect- but the particular association with spices- cinnamon, cardamom, aniseed, a hint of clover and mace- that enhances the natural stink of jasmine to create a smooth, soft animalic feel. The fragrance is quite linear, not evolving much in time, revealing a creamy musk-vanilla base in the drydown, well reminiscent of cookies, as other reviewers suggest. This particular aspect proved decisive for me getting a full bottle of JdN: the second more ubiquitous scent in Kefalonia was cinnamon, generously sprinkled on cookies, pastries and cakes (and also savoury dishes). A spritz of Jasmin de Nuit and, instead of in greyish Milan, I'm having my morning walk to the bakery in Karavomilos!
04th September, 2014

Add your review of Jasmin de Nuit

Shop for Jasmin de Nuit products online

Shop for Jasmin de Nuit at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Jasmin de Nuit

There are no member images of Jasmin de Nuit yet. Why not be the first?