Florence (2006)

About Florence

Florence is a feminine perfume by Tocca. The scent was launched in 2006

Florence fragrance notes

Reviews of Florence

I’m not sure how gardenia got left out of the notes when it’s almost all I can smell! I love gardenia though, so not a problem for me.

I get a strong punch in the face with the gardenia upon first application, and it quickly dries down to a softer but still gardenia-scented parfum. A hint of iris joins in and mingles, the whole thing lasts about an hour until it becomes a flowery, pleasant skin scent. Longevity and spillage are pretty good and the Tocca bottles are adorable!
01st June, 2020
Fresh. Violet first - then strong bergamot, sharp, and bitter. Green tones underneath. More lovely, juicy fruit notes appear later. More floral mixes in. The whole thing is like a garden in late spring. It's sunny and vibrant. Very uplifting. It is mildly old-fashioned, reminding me of a young lady's first perfume. Or, something one would wear to church on Sunday.

My only beef is, it is not really My style as a floral, but it would work well for others, as there isn't anything wrong with it. I just enjoy more surprises, in my floral scents.

I get a faint, light woody note later that mixes in. All in all not bad, especially as a skin scent, much later.
02nd August, 2019
I adore this Florence. There are hints of pear and apple in here if your patient enough to wait for the dry down. Vibrant white florals with a hint of violet, but I wish there was more of it. Florence reminds me of going to the florist and sniffing all the various blooms.

Currently I don't have a frame of reference to compare Florence with another perfume. Tocca describes this as more of a Parisian perfume and scent rather than Italian, and I agree.
21st November, 2018
Tocca’s Florence is best described as a very soft, fluffy floral iris root composition. It opens that way, and runs an apparently linear course for quite some time thereafter. I don’t get much of the listed bergamot top note, but there is a cold violet note at its center and some delicate sandalwood in the light, powdery base.

Florence, to my mind, is a very simple scent. It is conspicuously soapy, relatively bland, and highly transparent. It leaves me with a distinct impression of freshly washed linens drying on a line on a sunny day. Unfortunately it’s a slippery slope from line dried linens to fabric softener, and I’m not entirely able to keep my footing. There’s also an oddly barren, lifeless quality about Florence that makes me think it would appeal to an embittered spinster: one who fit a certain image of pretty, but was prim, repressed, and at least mildly inhospitable. Not my thing, I’m afraid, but not necessarily because of any failings on its part.
14th June, 2014
Smells like an old lady? That's just ridiculous and ageist. I find older women have better taste in fragrances so some of us would do well to pay attention. And honestly, there's nothing old lady-like about FLORENCE by Tocca, an unapologetic feminine floral which needs no excuses for being one. I'd love to smell this on a woman. To me it feels young and fresh, like a day scent and not the heady Lauder-style bouquets. While I can appreciate any reference to fabric softener it does not detract from the soft wearable aspect of the scent, with a purity about it that recalls the child-like innocence of Tommy Girl.
04th November, 2009
Florence really comes off more like an old world Parisian fragrance instead of old Italy! The opening of violet petals and vivacious bergamot is lively, young and fresh! Sweet as well. IMO you have to like violets to enjoy this scent. While I'm not a big violet fan, I do think this is a very good product...the dusty iris compliments the sugary topnotes just fine! Excellent sillage and longevity.
25th December, 2007

Add your review of Florence

Shop for Florence products online

Shop for Florence at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Tocca Florence Hair Fragrance Mist 1.7oz

US • Buy it now: USD 35.00.

Tocca Eau De Parfum Florence 3.4 Ounce

US • Buy it now: USD 125.00.

Member images of Florence

There are no member images of Florence yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]