Divin'enfant (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About Divin'enfant

Divin'enfant is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Divin'enfant fragrance notes

Reviews of Divin'enfant

Weak, sweet and sticky; much like a new born I guess. I don't get any Orange Blossom, or indeed most of the descriptors in the fragrance notes. There is a heavy, sweet milk or marshmallow accord which is there from the beginning and just carries on. There is a coffee cream note ( furfuryl mercaptan?) and maybe some Tonka, but I don't really care.

This seems to be going on forever, unchanging, cloying and dull.
09th April, 2021 (last edited: 15th April, 2021)
After spraying it I instantly get marshmallow - lots of marshmallow! It seems like a very quiet and also very sweet and childish scent for half an hour, and then it starts to change - do I get leather? Yes, the leather comes out through all that marshmallow candy opening. It smells like a sweetened leather for a while, until I'm starting to get hints of coffee/cacao, too, and that's where I am starting to enjoy it. Very very fun to smell. Oh, and after a little dance that leather does on my skin, it all returns to bubblegummy marshmallow once again in the drydown. A child may try to act all grown up and everything, but it's still a child deep inside.
09th February, 2021
Starts off OK, but far too much Tonka bean, a scent I am not fond of, in the dry down, which unfortunately lasts for ages.
18th July, 2020
( Tanguy )in The Wild Boys by Bertrand Mandico 2017
21st February, 2019
Divine Infant is quite a nice scent concoction, but not something I would want wear often enough to warrant a purchase. For me, I don't care for the opening's candy-like orange and rose. It's interesting, but way too gourmand and sweet. It improves dramatically when the amber, tobacco and leather come forward and dilute the candy opening. It's a soft, sweet floral and leather with underhints of a gourmand amber until finish. Good sillage and longevity. This is quite a avant-garde fragrance, so I'd say it hits the mark it was aiming for. I really like ELdO creations and if I were 21 years old, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Thumbs Up.
22nd April, 2018

Sweetened sweet orange blossom… great for someone who loves sweet. After a while Divin’Enfant varies by gathering a tinge of tobacco. I get a less than average sillage and it stays basically sweet-tobacco-orange blossom linear for about an hour. This lack of variety is being overdone for me – I’m just not very entertained until the leather starts entering into the accord, which makes the accord more interesting, but not enchanting. It ends in a pleasant, quiet, sweet powdery suede that has very good longevity.

Etat Libre d’Orange fragrances are known for their eccentricity, but I don’t find the quirky notes and structure in this one – Divin’ Enfant just seems rather too sweet, too ordinary, and too quirkless.
28th July, 2016

Add your review of Divin'enfant

Shop for Divin'enfant products online

Shop for Divin'enfant at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Etat Libre d'Orange - 2ml Samples

US • Buy it now: USD 4.95.

Member images of Divin'enfant