Sécrétions Magnifiques (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About Sécrétions Magnifiques

Sécrétions Magnifiques is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Sécrétions Magnifiques fragrance notes

Reviews of Sécrétions Magnifiques

It's not compelling or challenging. It's not complex or multifaceted. Nothing human at all. The only thing here is screeching chemicals designed, from what I can tell, to bring on an immediate nausea/headache. Deeply unpleasant with absolutely no redeeming qualities.

And that's why, maybe, it's art? Come to your own conclusions about what it means for a perfume called "Sécrétions Magnifiques" to be not only devoid of everything it promises, but a literal assault on physical well-being.

Need to sample rating: 0/10.
05th February, 2021
if there was a such thing as a "human musk" fragrance, this would be it. its supposed to mimic the scent of blood sweat and semen, so you cannot expect a bed of roses. and if you think "its just a clever marketing ploy" like i did, you will quickly realize you got exactly what you paid for with the first whiff. its bodily, explicit, and downright filthy. it is also very strong, and has long staying power. however, i greatly enjoy SM. to be honest, its not good when smelt in the bottle or on a piece of paper. if over applied, it reeks. but when applied sparingly on clean skin, and the air carries it, its less "in your face", actually quite sexy and while odd, its odd in a good way. as for the exact scent, its hard to describe. its kinda metallic, kinda salty, and very bodily. that's really the only words i can put to it, and i cant compare it to any other fragrance because there is none out there like this as far as i know.
19th May, 2020
"Turn away! It's hideous!", that's what my brain said to me every time I tried to smell my wrist. This isn't perfume, in my book. It's DNA swabs taken from some suspicious derelict accused of probably some god-awful crimes.

Dried blood. Severely unwashed scalp and hair. Heaven knows what else. I just couldn't bring myself to smell anymore of this sh*t, any longer. It was scrubbed off within 7 minutes. I tried to give it a fair shake.

Too weird even for me - and I am Very open-minded.
15th February, 2019
This is gross. The smell up close nearly makes me nauseated. It doesn't smell like any bodily fluids I can't think of. I saw the reference in the previous review to a wet dog, and that's a better description than anything I'd come up with.

From a distance, it's not so bad, but up close it smells sickening. The nasty aroma chemical in this seems to wear close the skin. The smell from a distance and deep in the dry down is soapy.
03rd April, 2018 (last edited: 04th April, 2018)
Yes, it's gross and smell like wet dog - but wearability was never the intention. Can perfume be art?

This is essentially a lovely, salty floral with a delicious woody-coconut drydown.

That's of course fully masked by the metallic "secretions", but otherwise this would have been a smelled-it-before composition that wouldn't have gained Etat Libre's naughty boy image.

For the sake of art, I plan on keeping a reference sample. Although I hope in my heart that it never disappears off the shelf.
04th February, 2018
Harborside at low tide on a particularly steamy August day!

I couldn't quite believe the information on this scent. If it is truly this bad, how can it be selling and how can Turin praise it and give it five stars?

However, it even excels its hype - it's so incredibly nasty that it may be the worst marketed fragrance I have ever encountered in 70 years of experience.

Intensely briney, salty and smelling of decaying crustaceans, it is truly vile, awful, beyond belief. Victor Frankenstein should have been stopped (just because you CAN, OUGHT you to?) in time, ditto the creaters and marketers - and praisers - of this scent.

Milk, blood, iodine? Surely, this was sign enough that the perfumer was mentally and ethically unstable.

Abominable and irresponsible - an insult to the art of perfumery.
02nd February, 2016

Add your review of Sécrétions Magnifiques

Shop for Sécrétions Magnifiques products online

Shop for Sécrétions Magnifiques at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Sécrétions Magnifiques

There are no member images of Sécrétions Magnifiques yet. Why not be the first?