Sécrétions Magnifiques (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About Sécrétions Magnifiques

Sécrétions Magnifiques is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Sécrétions Magnifiques fragrance notes

Reviews of Sécrétions Magnifiques

if there was a such thing as a "human musk" fragrance, this would be it. its supposed to mimic the scent of blood sweat and semen, so you cannot expect a bed of roses. and if you think "its just a clever marketing ploy" like i did, you will quickly realize you got exactly what you paid for with the first whiff. its bodily, explicit, and downright filthy. it is also very strong, and has long staying power. however, i greatly enjoy SM. to be honest, its not good when smelt in the bottle or on a piece of paper. if over applied, it reeks. but when applied sparingly on clean skin, and the air carries it, its less "in your face", actually quite sexy and while odd, its odd in a good way. as for the exact scent, its hard to describe. its kinda metallic, kinda salty, and very bodily. that's really the only words i can put to it, and i cant compare it to any other fragrance because there is none out there like this as far as i know.
19th May, 2020
"Turn away! It's hideous!", that's what my brain said to me every time I tried to smell my wrist. This isn't perfume, in my book. It's DNA swabs taken from some suspicious derelict accused of probably some god-awful crimes.

Dried blood. Severely unwashed scalp and hair. Heaven knows what else. I just couldn't bring myself to smell anymore of this sh*t, any longer. It was scrubbed off within 7 minutes. I tried to give it a fair shake.

Too weird even for me - and I am Very open-minded.
15th February, 2019
This is gross. The smell up close nearly makes me nauseated. It doesn't smell like any bodily fluids I can't think of. I saw the reference in the previous review to a wet dog, and that's a better description than anything I'd come up with.

From a distance, it's not so bad, but up close it smells sickening. The nasty aroma chemical in this seems to wear close the skin. The smell from a distance and deep in the dry down is soapy.
03rd April, 2018 (last edited: 04th April, 2018)
Yes, it's gross and smell like wet dog - but wearability was never the intention. Can perfume be art?

This is essentially a lovely, salty floral with a delicious woody-coconut drydown.

That's of course fully masked by the metallic "secretions", but otherwise this would have been a smelled-it-before composition that wouldn't have gained Etat Libre's naughty boy image.

For the sake of art, I plan on keeping a reference sample. Although I hope in my heart that it never disappears off the shelf.
04th February, 2018
Harborside at low tide on a particularly steamy August day!

I couldn't quite believe the information on this scent. If it is truly this bad, how can it be selling and how can Turin praise it and give it five stars?

However, it even excels its hype - it's so incredibly nasty that it may be the worst marketed fragrance I have ever encountered in 70 years of experience.

Intensely briney, salty and smelling of decaying crustaceans, it is truly vile, awful, beyond belief. Victor Frankenstein should have been stopped (just because you CAN, OUGHT you to?) in time, ditto the creaters and marketers - and praisers - of this scent.

Milk, blood, iodine? Surely, this was sign enough that the perfumer was mentally and ethically unstable.

Abominable and irresponsible - an insult to the art of perfumery.
02nd February, 2016
It is hilarious the amount of hate and hyperbole this fragrance generates. I guess that probably was ELDO's intention. I've read reviews for years and just on a whim decided it was time to pop my secretions magnifique cherry. I was expecting eau de crimescene. I was expecting used condom filled with spit and tampon and all the bodily nasties of the world. What I got was totally surprising. The opening is a futuristic metallic oceanic thing with coconutty, irisy nuances. I actually really really liked it. So much so that at first I was wondering whether it got reformulated or I got sent the wrong sample or something. Not to say it's not weird, it just has extremely contrasting elements that (with the aid of marketing and imagination) makes one imagine old spunk and hemoglobin. I legitimately believe that if someone were to smell this without the associations they would be much more likely to enjoy it. To me the opening seems to not be a literal interpretation of blood or semen or spit, but instead seems to be a perfumized version of those secretions, suggesting that they have inherent, perfumistic qualities. I feel like the opening is what Scarlett Johannson's character's spaceship thing might have smelled like in Under the Skin. Futuristic, sexual, and totally strange. Then cums the dry down. The truly awful dry down. My girlfriend said it smelled like dried cum (without knowing the fragrances concept..). To me, I got sour milk and nickels. Maybe it wasnt all just hyperbole... I think the inherently disgusting aspect of this fragrance is that these 'human' elements combine without any warmth or humanistic qualities. It doesnt smell like lovers in heat, it smells like a mortician extracted the fluids of a serial rapist and stirred them all together in a rusted metal beaker. Despite how terrible the drydown is, I totally enjoyed the experience of testing this and appreciate the audacity it took to make, regardless of whether it was a marketing ploy or not. I actually do still like the opening and will sniff it on occasion (the next time i'm craving the smell of sour milk and nickels), but i don't think another wearing is required. Ever again.
26th April, 2015

Add your review of Sécrétions Magnifiques

Shop for Sécrétions Magnifiques products online

Shop for Sécrétions Magnifiques at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Sécrétions Magnifiques

There are no member images of Sécrétions Magnifiques yet. Why not be the first?