F pour Homme (2007)

HouseSalvatore Ferragamo
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyFerragamo Group

About F pour Homme

F pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Salvatore Ferragamo. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

F pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of F pour Homme

I just bought a bottle of this and it's beautiful. It reminds me of Chanel's Égöiste with its peppery notes and strong, citrus opening. I love it.
22nd March, 2019
A really nice fragrance, "F pour Homme" by Salvatore Ferragamo has that nice fruity-lavender-pepper combo that I've enjoyed in many other scents.

"F" has a lovely shimmering quality to it, along the lines of Allure Homme by Chanel and remotely so like Boss Bottled #6 by Hugo Boss. Pleasant, tasteful level of sweetness to me (opinions will differ here I'm sure).

I can see myself wearing this as a regular casual occasion scent. Nicely done! :-)
18th October, 2018
This is my first fragrance by Salvatore Ferragamo, and ‘F Pour Homme’ is a wonderful surprise and an great scent to have for colder temperatures. Ideally this should be worn in the coldest of Fall and especially Winter.

The initial blast is basically lavender and pepper, some cedar wood but the pepper notes dominate for the first hour or two. As it settles, more lavender and base come out and you catch whiffs of labdanum. It is very masculine and dark, sort of like a Davidoff Cool Water that has been toned down on the freshness and beefed up with pepper, cedarwood and more lavender.

Performance is outstanding. With a liberal application of ten sprays (neck, shoulders, chest and wrists) I am getting 9-12+ hours of longevity, with excellent projection and sillage.

People will smell you wearing this, and it projects about three to five feet away from you. I would say this is perfect for cold weather, nighttime outdoors situations. It gets you a lot of compliments from beautiful ladies, but again, this only works in colder weather outdoors, as the pepper is somewhat offensive in warmer temperatures.

If you love this, also pick up Ferragamo’s ‘F Black’, it is very similar to this but with additional notes of apple and sweetness and can be worn in more situations. I highly recommend both.
04th February, 2018 (last edited: 21st December, 2018)
F is for...?.

Olivier Polge (whose compositions I always highly anticipate) levitates a promising leather and apple accord -on top an ozonic cloud of pepper. But the result is unremarkable, albeit agreeable. I kept hoping for a more assertive "combo" to come along and save this fragrance from Pleasantville. But alas, the all too synthetic leather (or rather “pleather” note), misplaced in the "base" of the note pyramid, never showed up much in the sillage of this fragrance. Nor anywhere else beyond my subconscious. Which leaves this fragrance defenseless in the "Ring" -against similarly styled (office friendly House signatures); like the superior YSL L'homme, Guerlain's mojito-inspired "Homme", or heck, even "Bvlgari Man" !

Good luck, "F". As the Men's fragrance market closes in on you... That "F" may take on a Whole... New... Meaning... (LOL).

Longevity: 8/10 (in base)
Projection (Summer temperatures): 7/10
(more detectable to others than myself)
Art/Creatives: 7/10 (bottle, concept, and scent)
How: Spring and Summer, day, business, office,
everyday, casual social, a great work horse fragrance.
29th August, 2013 (last edited: 28th June, 2020)
That clean, fresh-showered, feeling... Nice scent, Mr. F...!!

Pour Homme is very pleasant scent that once you apply, you have the clean and fresh showered feeling. I am a big fan of Salvatore Ferragamo fragrances and have many to chose from. Free Time has just recently crept into my Top Ten...

Pour Homme comes out of the bottle with aqua and floral notes - and call me crazy - I smell some minty notes somewhere... It is easy on the nose and easy to wear. The downside is that Pour Homme lacks staying power and longevity. Yes, you will get that occasional whiff up to four hours, but not that lasting power that you get throughout the day. If I get 6-8 hours, I am pleased. You may get 3-4 hours from Pour Homme...

No "Wow Factor" compliments to speak of - but I will add that is not out of the question. The fragrance is very pleasant. The bottling and packaging are first class. Of noteworthy interest, I do love the bottle. It is clear and allows good visibility of the fragrance. Pour Homme offers great flexibility or versatility - being light and of solid universal notes, it can be worn any time of year and for any occasion. Additionally, it will make a great tight quarter office cologne - it will not offend those with sensitive noses.

The price/value is fantastic - the current online rate is about $30 for a good size bottle.

My final tally for Pour Homme is 4.0 stars out of 5 stars. If the projection and longevity were better, the tally would be much higher. Given the pleasantry of the fragrance, the bottle design, and the price/value, I would definitely recommend buying. Throw it in the gym bag... Play like a Champion...

Pros: Pleasant scent.. Nice blend of notes that can be worn during any occasion...
Cons: Lacks projection, sillage, and longevity...

22nd May, 2013
I love this fragrance because of the great pepper note in it. I love spicy fragrances!
Start with strong mix of lavender, green apple and some chili and black pepper combo!
In the dr ydown you have all of those notes, plus mooooore pepper! very warm and spicy dry down.
In the base you can smell again pepper and sweet amber combo which is really great.
If you like pepper just like me, you will love this fragrance and it doesn't smell like Terre D'Hermes at all!
Great projection and average longevity.
20th November, 2012

Add your review of F pour Homme

Shop for F pour Homme products online

Shop for F pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of F pour Homme

There are no member images of F pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?