Patchouli 24 (2006)

HouseLe Labo
PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Patchouli 24

Patchouli 24 is a shared / unisex perfume by Le Labo. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Annick Menardo

Patchouli 24 fragrance notes

Reviews of Patchouli 24

Got Tar? My favourite leather smoke-bomb. Heck, my favourite le Labo. Heck, my favourite scent. I absolutely adore this. This reminds me of TCP antiseptic liquid, or if you haven’t smelled that then maybe Dettol is a better reference point. Those of you who miss the burnt tyre, smoke and tar accord that rules Bvlgari Black, welcome in. Not surprisingly ANNICK MERNADO is behind both Bulgari Black and Patchouli 24. Seek her out and you’ll be blown away by her abilities with smoke and leather. WEIRDLY she even has Acqua Di Gio (PH)on her resume! It’s like being Amy Winehouse and Justin Bieber at the same time. Where did that come from??!! This opens with an inescapable And deliberately medicinal and anti-septic Leather. It’s one of the most Realistic-smelling leathers out there. If you love the aroma of fresh leather furniture, and rubber accessories, you are in for a gourmet treat. It’s leather + rubber on roids. Soon after, you will recognise this as an Amber (cardboard) scent. The smoke and incense and old fashioned (Musky) vanilla confirms this. Ambers have the same backbone. This is leather and rubber soaked in a bit of (ah huh you will get an acrid sourness from) vinegar/oakmoss and presented in a tank full of smoke made up of CIVETY vanilla (Please do not confuse for candy vanilla ) If you’re a leatherhead and Amber enthusiast. This is way up your niche. This would be perfect in CDG’s SYNTHETIC series. Niche, bold, Tar, smoke, Civet, leather in a syringe-with-needle pungence. Bulgari Black Rebottled. No tea in this one. While Santal 33 is my most applied, Patchouli 24 is what I will keep multiple backups of, for private library use. It is the most addictive and stimulating. BUT it is everything a motorcycle gang is. Intimidating, unfriendly, full of smoke and leather. (Thus)The chances of this being discontinued is really high, look at Bulgari Black. Thank God we still have Rien from ELDO currently. Mr and Mrs. Le Labo, Please make money from the rest and keep this one alive. No tweaks, no barriers, 100% Mernado, 100% Creative freedom. 10/5 stars. Reform, reform go away, little smellies Want to play.
No wonder the niche crowd is crazy for this. This along with Rien is my Holygrail.
“les robes en cuir de l'empereur“
26th September, 2020 (last edited: 26th October, 2020)
I love this stuff! very off putting to some people understandable it is hard to be near someone who isn't into super smoked/birtch tar pepper insanity. Once it does dry down it really shines and that's went it might get some compliments-but again i love it all day from open to dry down into the next day like waking up in a tent and smelling the campfire smell.
People say they don't smell patchouli in it guess what I could care less it smells great to me regardless if there is a miniscule amount of it. Out of any fragrance I have worn this is one of the most I would put in the do not blind buy category. I was never into pepper in fragrances until I tried 24 now I love it I guess your nose changes along with your taste for food.
I can't say enough about patchouli 24 it's a all or nothing fragrance imo
You'll love it or hate it.
23rd March, 2019
"Holy Smoke Batman!"

"NO. Holy L-I-Q-U-I-D S-M-O-K-E(TM) Boy Wonder!"

If'n you're into the eclectic, into everlasting birch tar leather that'll floor some butts if you overdo it... if'n so, check some.
24th January, 2019 (last edited: 16th September, 2019)
What can you say really. An Intense, individual, stunning, not for everyone kind of scent.

Soak a piece of leather in vanilla and a Smokey single malt scotch like laphroaig, throw it onto a barely still lit smouldering campfire and stand over it.
That's what you get initially.
It dies down slightly and becomes smoother and has a slight talc/powdery note after an hour but still that smoke remains.

My new favourite for the winter months.
It's definitely not for everyone and definitely not for all the time but for the right occasion this is incredible.
I've only worn it once so far and that was for what I'd consider the right occasion - A cold family wedding in Edinburgh, in a castle, wearing a 3 piece suit, drinking many a fine scotch.
Easily one of the most individual scents I've had the pleasure of having on my skin. 10/10

10th October, 2018
Smoldering patchouli with some pleasant vanilla sweetness and piney birch tar thickness. Patchouli 24, as with other Le Labo scents, is quite an unexpected creation that challenges my usual expectations of the fragrance notes they use to name their experimental scents.

Patchouli is hands-down a favorite note in many, many of the EdT's and EdP's that I have worn and enjoy for decades now. So I come in thinking Tom Ford's Patchouli Absolu when I approach this scent from Le Labo. And instead, I walk away with impressions of another experimental scent: Replica's By the Fireplace. Not nearly as smoky and sublime, but Patchouli 24 points me towards THAT direction instead. Very sneaky, Le Labo!!

But in the end, I do enjoy Patchouli 24 in perhaps a different way than I would typical patchouli-based scents, appreciating Le Labo's attempt at painting a different picture that is still in the neighborhood of that note.
17th August, 2018
Nice smell of burnt wood softens into something similar to the resin wood panels of a sauna which probably smells better than it sounds. Lovely fragrance that evolves on your skin.
04th March, 2018

Add your review of Patchouli 24

Shop for Patchouli 24 products online

Shop for Patchouli 24 at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Le Labo Patchouli 24 5mL Sample Decant

US • Buy it now: USD 19.99.

LE LABO Patchouli 24 Fragrance Samples

US • Buy it now: USD 25.00.

Le Labo Patchouli 24 Solid Perfume 2*0.14 Oz

US • Buy it now: USD 50.00.

Member images of Patchouli 24