Aldehyde 44 (2006)

HouseLe Labo
PerfumerYann Vasnier
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Aldehyde 44

Exclusively available in Dallas.

Reviews of Aldehyde 44

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast is indeed mainly constituted of aldehydes, with elements is citrus also evident. The overall feel is that of a metallic coolness.

Soon undertones of neroli in the drydown are leading to a floral shift; I mainly get a nonspecific white floral impression here that has green touches.

Later on a slightly sweeter character is revealed, based on an array of white musks.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and nine hours of longevity on my skin, with the last few hours being very close to my skin.

A bright summery scent that maximises the application of aldehydes without making them truly interesting, and combines them with a sway of other generic ingredients. It is likes serving molten sugar instead of the whole creme brûlée; Chanel No 5 would be the creme brûlée. 2.5/5
23rd September, 2019
I generously dabbed on Le Labo Aldehyde 44 from a sample I have.

There was a pretty opening for a minute and then... nothing. It disappeared. I reapplied in case I hadn't put on enough the first time and the same thing happened.
28th April, 2015
My most worn Le Labo! It is so comforting and exudes vibes of cleanliness. I thoroughly enjoy this fragrance from opening through dry down. It is a dry, sweet, soapy, aldehydic floral that is neither masculine nor feminine. There is a monstrous dose of clean white musk in this fragrance that produces a detergent like vibe. I literally wear this fragrance every single day after I get out of the shower right before bedtime although I do wear it during the daytime too. I find it incredibly versatile despite the negative reviews here. This fragrance lasts all day long (I strongly disagree with shellshell40's review regarding performance.) If you own a bottle, you can get refills from LeLabo in Nolita (NYC), otherwise you are out of luck as it is a discontinued city exclusive.
10/10 in all categories.
10th April, 2015 (last edited: 17th May, 2015)
bFlay Show all reviews
Very, very medicinal...opens with a citrus oil/chemical solvent quality that segues into a pronounced sweet talcum and aldehyde quality. There is a benzoin note that's pervasive too and causes the talcum powder note to blend in even more to evoke medical environments...or old folks home. Not a pleasant "scent memory".
07th July, 2014
Weird. Like Chanel No. 5 minus everything but the waxy, soapy, fizzy, sweet part on a razor-sharp, clean musk. An interesting experience, but not what I want to smell like!
09th March, 2014
I've tested it once in London but Le Labo could i suppose be found in Rome or Milan. I agree with Lafoebe's description, this is a sort of powerfully aldehydic white-musky fragrance with a metallic and medicinal initial approach before the powderiness starts soaring with all its charge of milkiness. It's sensual and airy but a bit too onedimentional. It starts with a blast of citrus, florals , greens and aldehydes and slides later in a sink of white musk, sandalwood and amber. Powerful but a bit too unoriginal and pharmaceutical.
02nd November, 2011 (last edited: 07th February, 2013)

Add your review of Aldehyde 44