Sensual Amber

Sensual Amber information

HouseBath and Body Works
Parent CompanyLimited Brands > Intimate Brands

About Sensual Amber

Sensual Amber is a feminine perfume by Bath and Body Works.

Reviews of Sensual Amber

I first tried Sensual Amber as a now-retired body wash but then discovered the also-discontinued EDT, very much the same scent as the body wash. The fragrance is boastfully fruity, sweet, floral, and softly musky. Very easy to enjoy and love, slightly feminine, but totally works for me.

The note variety is paramount--bergamot, plum, and berries all factor in heavily to foster a sort of fresh-and-fruity long-lasting top, anchored by a dry down of orange flower (and a coupel other subservient florals), sandalwood, musk, praline, and vanilla. Sure, maybe there's patchouli, but it's overall a sweet/woody/vanillic dry down that's accented by the orange flower, more than any other one aspect.

It's a good performer, quite good, I'd say, not great but it feels great for the price and type of fragrance it is, and that I knew the body wash first and had, say, managed expectations of how it would do as a perfume.

It's slightly unrefined, I'd say, feeling incomplete or perhaps not perfectly well-rounded, but that's a minor complaint for a fragrance that's fun, loud in a lot of good ways, and modestly-priced. I obtained the 75ml bottles from an eBay seller for $17.90 each including shipping, really a steal.

7 out of 10
12th February, 2019
This is a lovely ambery, vanilla-y, fruity scent that outclasses the other fragrances from BBW. It's warm and sexy and lasts a long time.
All in all, a lovely, warm sexy fragrance in a pretty bottle, and a bargain for $20. I just hope they don't discontinue it.

Update (October 2012): As much as I loved this fragrance when I bought it, I was utterly sick of it within two months. It started to smell too cloying and sweet. Now it's a room spray, which it's good for because it lasts a long time.
15th July, 2012 (last edited: 22nd October, 2012)
My girlfriend wears this, I love it. It is positively delightful and amazing. It would be incredibly foolish not to give this a shot, its inexpensive and smells great
20th November, 2011 (last edited: 27th November, 2011)
This is not really my style, but it smells nice enough. The great part is that we've discovered that it keeps gnats away.
21st May, 2011
Sensual Amber is my standard, daily scent. It's very warm, to the extent that I feel wherever I spray it radiating heat. This a rich, but simple scent which immediately draws you in. It doesn't stay incredibly well, and ideally should be reapplied at least once during the day to keep it strong. I have received many complements on this scent, and it has made me love amber above all other fragrance notes.
05th November, 2009
This is a simple, basically one-note fragrance, but I love it. I don't wear it when I have my Prada, but when I'm going through a financial pinch, Sensual Amber is always what I turn to.
It smells rich, and is definitely best when combined with the matching lotion. I receive many compliments, and the scent doesn't disappear to my own nose. It's creamy but distinctive, and I get nothing floral out of it.
The EDP is longlasting in comparison to the price, while the EDT spray needs an occasional boost throughout the day. The lotion's scent clings close to the skin and is a perfect base for the EDP to turn into something sexy, and alluring, without being raunchy. I've had boyfriends and their parents alike compliment me when I wear this fragrance.
24th September, 2009

Add your review of Sensual Amber

Shop for Sensual Amber products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Sensual Amber

There are no member images of Sensual Amber yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]