Sensual Amber

Sensual Amber information

HouseBath and Body Works
Parent CompanyLimited Brands > Intimate Brands

About Sensual Amber

Sensual Amber is a feminine perfume by Bath and Body Works.

Reviews of Sensual Amber

I first tried Sensual Amber as a now-retired body wash but then discovered the also-discontinued EDT, very much the same scent as the body wash. The fragrance is boastfully fruity, sweet, floral, and softly musky. Very easy to enjoy and love, slightly feminine, but totally works for me.

The note variety is paramount--bergamot, plum, and berries all factor in heavily to foster a sort of fresh-and-fruity long-lasting top, anchored by a dry down of orange flower (and a coupel other subservient florals), sandalwood, musk, praline, and vanilla. Sure, maybe there's patchouli, but it's overall a sweet/woody/vanillic dry down that's accented by the orange flower, more than any other one aspect.

It's a good performer, quite good, I'd say, not great but it feels great for the price and type of fragrance it is, and that I knew the body wash first and had, say, managed expectations of how it would do as a perfume.

It's slightly unrefined, I'd say, feeling incomplete or perhaps not perfectly well-rounded, but that's a minor complaint for a fragrance that's fun, loud in a lot of good ways, and modestly-priced. I obtained the 75ml bottles from an eBay seller for $17.90 each including shipping, really a steal.

7 out of 10
12th February, 2019
Firstly, let me say that I have nothing bad to say about this fragrance whatsoever.

This is the first B&BW fragrance I have purchased, and what a delightful surprise it has been to use it. I ordered the bath gel, body mist, lotion, and body cream. I loved the fragrance so much that I ordered a bottle of the EdT which has been discontinued. Please note, the bath gel, body mist, lotion, and body cream are still available on-line, but they are no longer carried in the retail outlets except perhaps during the semi-annual sales in June and December.

I can detect wonderful, warm, sweet amber, vanilla, and sandalwood in this, but I cannot quite distinguish the other notes in the pyramid, but I do not have a highly tutored nose, either. The fragrance is sweet, warm, a bit woody, balsamic, and a bit powdery. It is a sensual, sexy fragrance just as one would expect. I LOVE IT! I layer the various products and get outstanding longevity of easily 12 to 14 hours. Projection and sillage are moderate to moderate on me. I spray and apply liberally, and at this price point, why not do? This is a fabulous fragrance that I cannot imagine ever being without again. I hope B&BW never decides to cease production.

This is a feminine fragrance, but I could imagine the right man wearing it as well. It is definitely a superb choice for autumn and winter; however, I think it can also work in spring and summer, especially indoors with air conditioning, so long as it is not over sprayed. Kudos to the nose behind this fragrance, whoever s/he is!! Five Big Stars!!! and Thumbs WAY UP!!!
22nd April, 2015
This is a lovely ambery, vanilla-y, fruity scent that outclasses the other fragrances from BBW. It's warm and sexy and lasts a long time.
All in all, a lovely, warm sexy fragrance in a pretty bottle, and a bargain for $20. I just hope they don't discontinue it.

Update (October 2012): As much as I loved this fragrance when I bought it, I was utterly sick of it within two months. It started to smell too cloying and sweet. Now it's a room spray, which it's good for because it lasts a long time.
15th July, 2012 (last edited: 22nd October, 2012)
My girlfriend wears this, I love it. It is positively delightful and amazing. It would be incredibly foolish not to give this a shot, its inexpensive and smells great
20th November, 2011 (last edited: 27th November, 2011)
This is not really my style, but it smells nice enough. The great part is that we've discovered that it keeps gnats away.
21st May, 2011
Sensual Amber is my standard, daily scent. It's very warm, to the extent that I feel wherever I spray it radiating heat. This a rich, but simple scent which immediately draws you in. It doesn't stay incredibly well, and ideally should be reapplied at least once during the day to keep it strong. I have received many complements on this scent, and it has made me love amber above all other fragrance notes.
05th November, 2009

Add your review of Sensual Amber

Shop for Sensual Amber products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Sensual Amber

There are no member images of Sensual Amber yet. Why not be the first?