Black Sun (2007)

HouseSalvador Dali
PerfumerAntoine Lie
Parent CompanyCofinluxe

About Black Sun

Black Sun is a masculine fragrance by Salvador Dali. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Black Sun fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Sun

Genre: Woods

Loathsome. Whatever else is in here is overwhelmed by a crude, loud, and abrasive woody aromachemical that I never want to smell again. From the nose that brought us Sécrétions Magnifiques. Nuff said.
09th June, 2014
That's a GREAT alternative for Armani Code. They're very close. Definetely worth it's price. Thumbs up!
06th January, 2013
Love the opening, but after awhile all I could smell was a musky powdery sort of scent. Little bit too feminine for my taste, but something I think I will still wear occasionally. Worth it for the $10 I payed for it, but not something I think I would pay full price for
18th March, 2012
<><><><><>Salvador Dali Black Sun
The basil is controlled by a labanum / cedar accord creating a unique and interesting masculine opening. This slightly resinous green accord gives an aromatic halo with a creamy resinousness, creating an edgy, near off-putting interpretation of “masculine.” I love the opening for its creativity even more than for its aroma. But the initial creative surge is lost when the nutmeg in the heart notes runs rampant over the sage and fir: I tend to dislike excesses of basil and / or nutmeg in fragrances… in Black Sun the basil is handled nicely with its combination with labdamun / cedar; but the nutmeg, which should be more muted by the sage and fir, escapes to dominate too much to my nose. The end of the middle accord goes a bit too sour and synthetic. The base’s vanilla, too, is ill-used. It comes off to my nose as too sharp and synthetic.

I wish that the quality of ingredients of Dali fragrances matched their creative inspiration – they would be brilliant fragrances. But to my nose many of their fragrances too often turn plastic and synthetic… Black Sun entices with its creativity and energy, then all too soon disappoints with its synthetic ambiances. Good sillage and decent longevity.

10th June, 2010
Warm like the 'Sun'. 'Black' like it's pitch dark, and you can't see where you are going. So it is with this sweet, powdery scent. Salvador Dali's Black Sun has trouble finding its way beyond that of being the less handsome cousin of Armani Code.
26th August, 2009 (last edited: 10th September, 2009)
i like this one. but maybe too much sage. anyway nice scent good for evening/night
10th October, 2008

Add your review of Black Sun

Shop for Black Sun products online

Shop for Black Sun at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Black Sun

There are no member images of Black Sun yet. Why not be the first?