Enslaved (2007)

About Enslaved

Enslaved is a feminine perfume by Roja Dove. The scent was launched in 2007

Enslaved fragrance notes

Reviews of Enslaved

Holy Baby Powder, Batman. Colin and deadidol nailed this already, so all I can add is my utter disconnect with this Roja release. I might have to find a new loving home for the rest of my 2 ml sample. Excuse me while I make a hasty retreat back to Puredistance M and the Gulf Collection.
23rd February, 2021
Stardate 20190701:

I get a lot of Tonka here. The kind that goes for tobacco these days (like Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanilla). I do not see it listed as one of the notes.
There is some woods and vetiver at the end during drydown.
Nothing interesting here.

01st July, 2019
Enslaved.
It fit me like a fine leather glove. Some reviewers claim Habanita as an inspiration. Meh..somewhat. It isnt that cut and dried. I have the vintage Habanita extrait and edt and this, if I had to say its relation to it is a fine tuned habanita or animalic chypre. I got a big rose backed up by classic geranium with a growly sweet animalic powdery musk.Theres a sweet orange blossom leather from the labdanum that reminds me of Cuir Mauresque. Im in heaven. Completely underrated in the line and Roja fine tunes older ideas..usually for the better.
02nd November, 2018
This is a particularly beautiful Chypre. I was uncertain as to whether I would enjoy it at the beginning, as it was very heavy on the powdery blast, but once that dissipated, I began to enjoy the unfolding of the various levels, and it really works for me. I love that I can pick out some Vetiver near the end. I think there is something animalic, but it is more of a whisper. Classy and modern.
10th December, 2015
Like most of the scents in the line, Enslaved sounds like it was inspired by an E.L. James novel. The scent is a xerox of a classical chypre: herbalized citrus and spicy florals over a mossy base. The opening is sharp and bitter, and then it dawdles along on vetiver and lavender for much of the middle. Over time it sweetens up into a vanilla ice cream thing, but Id still file it as a chypre over an oriental. Although it seems polished overall, its derivative and soulless all veneer with little substance, and frankly, its boring. Decent construction, but uninspired and anachronistic.
01st July, 2015
Gorgeous neo-classic mossy-chypre vetiver with an initial dissonant/acid grassy-hesperidic (pungent-wet) spark and a really powdery-"chyprey" dry down rich of waxiness, talkiness, woody saltiness, rosey laundriness, mossiness, soapiness and honeyed-ambery-eliotropic animalic powder. Yes, scents a la Molinard Habanita, Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (the latter more than the others), Amouage Gold Woman, Carnation Mona di Orio, Caron Bellodgia, La Perla, Maai Bogue and further jump on mind, each of them for several of its facets. Anyway Roja Dove Enslaved boasts an its own proper individuality, represented by a persisting fruity-leafy-grassy-lemony-spicy acidity (with vetiver-mastered "fluidy/powdery" undertones), which produces for a while a "pleasantly grotesque" plastic undertone a la CdG Odeur 71. Carnation, jasmine, geranium, lime and vetiver represent the wet, vegetal, dissonant, spicy core of the aroma, something leading finally the transition towards the chypre "beastly-mossy-vintage" dry down. I detect till the end of the trip this sort of "vinegar-like" acidity (or better humid-dissonant-floral grassiness) as persisting olfactory background perfectly coexisting with a quite aromatic talkiness (so aromatic-powdery to appear almost joined by a cloud of ammonia- probably the effect from animalic patterns combined with cloves, cumin, aldehydes, lemon-vetiver and cinnamon). A touch of civet in the blend? Finally the vetiver jumps on the stage as veritable standout note in the middle of the gorgeous "visceral" powder. A juice for the lovers of tradition which manages in this case to be equally modern and at same time complex-multifaceted. A serious thumbs up.
25th November, 2014

Add your review of Enslaved

Shop for Enslaved products online

Search on ebay

Roja Dove Enslaved edp / eau de parfum

RU • Buy it now: USD 295.00.

Roja Enslaved Parfum Pour Femme 50ml

US • Buy it now: USD 320.00.

Member images of Enslaved

There are no member images of Enslaved yet. Why not be the first?