Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma (2007)
by Etat Libre d'Orange

Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma information

Year of Launch2007

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Lie
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma

Created in collaboration with actress Rossy de Palma.

Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma

Very harsh spicy opening, in fact it put me off first try of Rossy de Palma. This opened up to a heavy ginger and black pepper which reminded me of a Molton Brown shower gel. Eventually the rose pushed through. I didn't think much of it and went about my day and honest forgot about it. But here's where it got interesting, I loved the scent on myself as the day wore on, similar to how I felt wearing Gucci Rush, nothing special in the beginning but mixed with body heat and a few hours in becomes something magical. Something else happened that rarely does, coworkers started to compliment me on what I was wearing. This is a very rare occasion.

Longevity is amazing, it packs a good hearty punch until the bitter end, and yes that rose is still hanging around eight plus hours later. Silage was also pretty darn great too considering I was using a sample from a small vial and applied sparingly.

As for the 'blood accord' I found overall RdP reminded me of those deep deep red roses with a tinge of silver metallic notes. I'm not a rose person and this one was out of my comfort zone, but I found myself enjoying it each time I sampled it. This will definitely be on my wish list!
29th March, 2019
Bitter. Industrial chemical smell. An almost vile beginning. This reminds me of a rotting geranium. It might be the blend of the ginger, pepper, and rose messing with my nose.

This calms down - stops screaming at me eventually. It begins to soften, relax, with jasmine and benzoin. It winds down even more with the addition of patchouli and incense. What a violent ride this is, that I don't want to wear again. It is just too discombobulated.
29th October, 2018
For reasons unknown, this reminds me of Aromatics Elixir underlaid with some kind of fecally-musk. By rights, as an animalic and strange-scent lover, I should probably enjoy this, but it's a bit too prickly for me, overall. The geranium and ginger and pepper send it over an edge too far for me.
12th April, 2018
Just when you think you've smelled every variation of rose, this comes along - a brilliant, blood red rose. The perfumer used a clever mix of dark notes to make the rose note ooze sultriness. Naughty and genius.
30th December, 2017
A sultry, Gothic, spicy Spanish Rose!

Etat Libre d'Orange are usually known for making "shocking" or "unconventional" fragrances, they have also made fragrances inspired by "unconventional" celebrities (like British actress Tilda Swinton). Eau de Protection was their first celebrity inspired fragrance. They took inspiration from "unconventional looking" Spanish actress Rossy de Palma.

This is a spicy rose fragrance! Roses are the favourite flower of actress Rossy de Palma (whose name also means "Rose"), and her garden in Madrid is full of roses. I really think in this case Etat Libre d'Orange have created something very beautiful and alluring with this one.

The fragrance opens up with notes of sour bergamot & spicy ginger (with some fiery black pepper), but they are quickly overtaken by this beautiful, rich, dark syrupy, almost candied rose... absolutely beautiful. At it's heart this is a Rose-Patchouli combination fragrance, but unlike other similar examples out there, this one feels very "emotional", like the rose is being passionate and sensual. Both Rossy de Palma and Etat Libre d'Orange describe this as a "bleeding" rose, and I do get that. To my nose, the rose is paired with a slightly metallic geranium note... and geranium is so multi-faceted that it can sometimes smell like roses, sometimes like lemons, and sometimes like cloves etc. I think this aspect combined with the rose gives it a lush, full-bodied aroma (and the slight impression of blood, etc).

However, this is an extremely wearable fragrance, either by men or by women, although I find this would really shine on a woman's skin. This is a fantastic fragrance from the house of Etat Libre d'Orange and one that, if you are a rose lover, you should definitely check out! A dangerous, sexy, spicy Spanish rose!
05th August, 2016
Opens odd! I suppose that's the blood note but it's not as metallic as blood - more a somewhat fecal/candied attraction and repulsion that has me debating whether to wash it off. Softens to a slightly green rose, keeping a tinge of a strange sweet\tart almost fruity overlay - almost makes me think of gooseberries. An interesting ride.
25th September, 2014

Add your review of Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma

Shop for Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma products online

Shop for Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma

There are no member images of Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma yet. Why not be the first?