Tom of Finland (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About Tom of Finland

Tom of Finland is a masculine fragrance by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Reviews of Tom of Finland

All I get here is oud and woods. It's a very soft fragrance with minimal projection and pretty poor performance, at about 3-4 hours tops. The sample I got was 80% missing, but advertised as new, so I think a lot may have evaporated, which may have impacted the integrity of the scent. I may need to try this one again, but from what I got, it's a lackluster fragrance, that seems like it has no top notes.
24th January, 2021
Vinyl and milky notes. Most wouldn't consider it especially masculine (given the promos), but who cares. It smells great and and is imminently wearable.
10th November, 2019
so where is the man, i ask myself.

is he hiding behind the cypresses? or more wisely under a hint of ambergris?
is he a modern man made of aldehydes or is he more subtle but contemporary for that hint of tonka bean?

I don't see the man nor, i suppose, the pleasure of its body. is it because the saffron takes a bit away the meat and replaces it with a vague dream of a dark room?
where is the salt? where is the mistery?

this man is interesting and certainly leathery but I did not fell for his trickeries.
I will continue to delve deeper in the dark alleys of this dark palace of sins.
he-who-smells-divine must be here somewhere, under all this opalescent darkness.
28th August, 2019
To my humble unexperienced nose, this smells absolutely gorgeous.

Opens directly with a really smooth, nice suede leather with just a little touch of citrus. This isn't an animalic leather at all. It is definitely a clothing article, maybe some great shoes.

45 minutes into it, the saffron appears out of nowhere with that gorgeous accompanying spiciness. It complements the creaminess of the leather perfectly.

The fragrance gets a tad sweeter for the following hours, but I don't get much else from a notes-standpoint. The saffron and the leather are dominant at all stages.

My first experience with this house, and I love what I'm getting. I'd love to have it in my wardrobe one day.
22nd March, 2019
Fresh, herbal green opening. Something creamy as well. Then the leather comes in. The final version is a soft, smooth, creamy scent that is very pleasant but nothing exciting.

Feels casual and pretty unisex to me, even with the leather.

Projection is just average but longevity is good with the skin scent still there after 9 hours.

13th December, 2018
Fight Club by David Fincher 1999 ( may be Tyler Durden )
18th November, 2018

Add your review of Tom of Finland

Shop for Tom of Finland products online

Shop for Tom of Finland at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Etat Libre d'Orange 2ml Samples

US • Buy it now: USD 12.00.

Member images of Tom of Finland