Jubilation XXV Man (2007)
by Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man information

Year of Launch2007

HouseAmouage
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About Jubilation XXV Man

Jubilation XXV Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Reviews of Jubilation XXV Man

In a previous review I gave this a neutral rating and siad it was too heavy for daily wear.
I was wrong. Hands up.
Just spray less.
This is now my evening/special occasion scent. It is so multifaceted it is difficult to categorise it. I would have said my favourite spicy oriental but it is much more than that. It may start off close to that albeit you have blackberry, wood, labdanum and it is fruity and woody as well as touches of cinammon and clove.
It does project strongly and lasts for ever but is not overpowering. It does not own you. It could be a cool weather signature scent.
Here is my favourite bit. The dry down is the most subtle whisky and wood but without the sense of cheepness or staleness or heaviness or short life that all others trying a cognac or whisky vibe seem to produce. (urinal in the case of Killian's single Malt).
Very impressed. This is the best for me.
Think Amouage Journey Man, L'art due Guerre Jovoy, Memoirs of a Trespasser, Histoires des Parfums 1740, Sandor 70s, Roja Fetish, Amouage Fate Man. This for me is better. More interesting, more wearable, smells nicer, lasts as long as any.

Fragrance: 8.1/10
Projection: 8/10 going down to 7/10 after a couple of hours
Longevity: 4-5 hours.
06th September, 2019 (last edited: 21st February, 2020)
I love this smell, it is simply great.

However for me it seems to settle close to the skin way too soon (within an hour). This makes me sad because boy does it smell good.

Dispite this i will give it my tick of approval.

26th July, 2019
Iím not sure Iíve fully understood this one yet. Itís certainly a warm complex fragrance - incense, honey and florals (and for once the incense is nicely balanced and not shouting over everything else). All in all very pleasant, but it doesnít blow my socks off like some Ďmasterpiecesí. One to keep working on...

Update: iím glad I persevered with this - itís wonderfully complex - notes subtly emerge and drift away, and each time I wear this I get something new and interesting. For me, itís not a Ďgoing outí fragrance, thatís a number 1 in any particular situation - in an evening itís unlikely to attract or get the attention it deserves. Itís more of a Ďlong-term-relationship fragranceí where projecting an image or grabbing attention isnít important, and itís more about the enjoying the company of something with different moods - complex, subtle and nuanced.

If most other fragrances are an evening in the club or st a black-tie dinner, or a day by the sea or in the citrus grove etc etc, this one is more like an affair with an older man/woman. It operates on a different timescale and a different experience-level.
05th March, 2019 (last edited: 16th March, 2019)
This is a superb perfume that frustrates me because of my skin type, or because of my expectations, or both. It disappears from me much sooner than I'd like, and I want it to perform like Interlude Man! Please forgive my childish rant. I'm trying different amounts of sprays, different moisturisers, and thinking perhaps in warmer weather it'll last longer on me (although in N.E. England, warmer weather is hard to come by). It both lasts on and projects from my female friend's skin better than from my male. I'll try to accept this bum hand from nature, worse things happen at sea and all that.
But while it lasts on me it's sublime - I love that labdanum and olibanum are opening notes. A resinous, balsamic, rich warmth flows out from the start. Honey in the mid and opoponax and myrrh at the base ensure this is a smooth incense treat for me. I love the use of bay leaf, ambergris, and immortelle. There's just a wonderful balance of notes. The patch and herbs counter exquisitely the sweeter florals and spices. Three woods encompass it all without one of them overplaying its hand, even the oud. And a delicious blackberry note runs through it all.
Stunning.
It's one for me to enjoy by sniffing closely the elusive haze, indoors, alone, enraptured. I honestly get the whole 'Eastern' spiritual incense vibe from this - unfortunately I'm a greedy 'Western' materialist who wants MORE! ;)
Edit: I've put it in an atomiser and reapply when I'm out, sod the expense.
29th January, 2019
Black current jam with oppoponax. It is really beautiful. I wear this when I feel like I want the day to be special, say church/formal. I can't picture this scent in sweatpants. Smells good, and expensive. Definitely has an incense quality to it, so beware. Lasts about average, maybe a bit plus, projection average.
17th January, 2019 (last edited: 07th March, 2020)
Everything positive you've ever read about Jubilation XXV is all true. Only that it's not meant for Kings....its meant for Gods.

I only wish the opening would last a little longer. I seem to be wearing this all the time and sniffing my wrists all the time all day.

Can't get over it. The best I've smelt in a long time.

10 on 10.
11th December, 2018

Add your review of Jubilation XXV Man

Shop for Jubilation XXV Man products online

Shop for Jubilation XXV Man at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Jubilation XXV Man

There are no member images of Jubilation XXV Man yet. Why not be the first?