Jubilation XXV Man (2007)
by Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man information

Year of Launch2007

HouseAmouage
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About Jubilation XXV Man

Jubilation XXV Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Reviews of Jubilation XXV Man

Passion fruit open? White birch. Smells great but I may be a little nose blind to the open. I only had a sample so keep that in mind but this entire open is tattooed against my skin. Itís not projecting anywhere. In fact once I was smelling too close and accidentally touched the applicator to my moustache. I decided not to wipe or wash it away and I actually really enjoyed a few revelations from smelling at this new vantage point. A light woody cumin comes through. Itís not a great accompaniment to coffee. The dry down is really nice, more wearable over time for sure but it isnít harsh to begin with. I think it moves closer to that iso e super Play-Dohish lilt of Parfums De Marley Pegasus, as itís losing its fruit. Not big bad powdery but it starts out with just a pinch. The powder is more chalky musk and not sweet marshmallow.

I smell two completely different scents next to each other. The sweet and the spice are separate. Itís like ketchup on French fries. Very well done but I think thatís also why I wouldnít recommend Jubilation to people who just use whatever shampoo is on sale at the time or who uses hairspray, etc. I find it gets broken by other smells. I use a face lotion that has a slight scent (which I hate) but I havenít been able to find a comparable lotion that smells better or has no scent. Anyway... introducing another sweet cheap generic flavor totally ruins the Jubilation. This might layer with a manly aftershave leaning minty green but I wouldnít even put it near more abrupt woods. I wouldnít put any vanilla or smoke in the room with this either; itís great right where it is. Oh youíre a Vaseline person, youíre a dryer sheet person? Trouble. Please do not put Jubilation in your car! This is a bedroom and body scent. As it gets drier over the course of the day, that light cumin turns straight into the Encre Noire direction for me. Not my favorite.

I experimented with this scent a lot. I thought it would be fun to smell a pure musk for comparison and I got a shot of wet dog in sharp contrast. In comparison to Encre Noire, this is much much prettier. There was apparent and measured work put into taming Jubilation.

There is a mature but not refined vintage authority to it. Like a classy woman eating a fried pickle, in a 70s brown shag carpeted parlor with the mustard couch, the giant T.V. cabinet, and the wood wall paneling. I really have to take a full breath in but there is definitely a zingy dill sour on the inside of my elbow where the rich tang of the open is still present. Yes bay and yes celery seed. Starts off fun in the fruit and gets nicer over time. At the end of the day, the price will keep me out of this one. I could happily smell this on some of my flannel and jeans friends but I personally wouldnít want to walk around this woody and would absolutely hate dating a woman in this scent.
27th April, 2021
I believe it will go down in the History books as Amouageís best spray perfume. Itís neck and neck with Interlude Man but this one is more subtle and more sublime. Itís a love at first sniff type of fragrance but it gets better with time. Spend a year with it and it just keeps opening up. Bertrand Duchaufour gets a lot of flack for cranking out so many perfumes but heís made at least 10 all time classics. The guy is a legend and this scent shows why. Make sure to get a bottle from Oman.
22nd March, 2021
A multi-faceted fragrance and so unique, smells rich. It was so different from what i could have tried before. This fragrance evolves over time. Also, I was able to detect several notes among those that are displayed on his pyramide notes including : Oud, Blackberry, Cinnamon, Myrrh and Opoponax ...

Absolute class!
18th November, 2019 (last edited: 23rd September, 2020)
On my skin, to my nose, I get blackberry (vines as much as fruit) and black tea, then incense in dry down. I like this, but donít love it enough to own it. I did own it, but gave it a new home.
08th September, 2019 (last edited: 27th August, 2020)

In a previous review I gave this a neutral rating and siad it was too heavy for daily wear.
I was wrong. Hands up.
Just spray less.
This is now my evening/special occasion scent. It is so multifaceted it is difficult to categorise it. I would have said my favourite spicy oriental but it is much more than that. It may start off close to that albeit you have blackberry, wood, labdanum and it is fruity and woody as well as touches of cinammon and clove.
It does project strongly and lasts for ever but is not overpowering. It does not own you. It could be a cool weather signature scent.
Here is my favourite bit. The dry down is the most subtle whisky and wood but without the sense of cheepness or staleness or heaviness or short life that all others trying a cognac or whisky vibe seem to produce. (urinal in the case of Killian's single Malt).
Very impressed. This is the best for me.
Think Amouage Journey Man, L'art due Guerre Jovoy, Memoirs of a Trespasser, Histoires des Parfums 1740, Sandor 70s, Roja Fetish, Amouage Fate Man. This for me is better. More interesting, more wearable, smells nicer, lasts as long as any.

Fragrance: 8.1/10
Projection: 8/10 going down to 7/10 after a couple of hours
Longevity: 4-5 hours.
06th September, 2019 (last edited: 21st February, 2020)
I love this smell, it is simply great.

However for me it seems to settle close to the skin way too soon (within an hour). This makes me sad because boy does it smell good.

Dispite this i will give it my tick of approval.

26th July, 2019

Add your review of Jubilation XXV Man

Shop for Jubilation XXV Man products online

Shop for Jubilation XXV Man at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Amouage Mens Fragrances - Travel Size

US • Buy it now: USD 11.76.

Amouage - Jubilation XXV Man **5ml Spray**

US • Buy it now: USD 19.95.

Amouage - Jubilation XXV Man 5ml Spray

US • Buy it now: USD 16.00.

amouage jubilation xxv man

US • Buy it now: USD 199.95.

Member images of Jubilation XXV Man

There are no member images of Jubilation XXV Man yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]