Chance Eau Fraîche (2007)
by Chanel

Chance Eau Fraîche information

Year of Launch2007

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Chance Eau Fraîche

Chance Eau Fraîche is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Chance Eau Fraîche fragrance notes

Reviews of Chance Eau Fraîche

Like the the name says. Watery freshness. Boring...
12th October, 2020
Any time I order from Chanel, they always send me a couple of samples with my order. This was one of the samples I received. It has been sitting in my parfum cupboard with a ton of other samples for at least two years now. I want to try to use up a lot of my samples, so today after my bath, I chose Chance eau Fraiche as it seemed a good choice for this extremely hot weather.

I agree with many other reviewers that it is a nice fragrance. It is fresh and refreshing indeed, and it is a very good choice for hot, sticky weather such as we have at the moment. However, I do not think it is worth Chancel prices, and if I wanted to purchase a fresh, citrus type fragrance, I would opt for the dreamy Fleurs de Cedrat from Guerlain, but this is my own personal taste. I am sure others would opt for the Chanel.

I rated this fragrance two stars and Neutral, but if I had been able to do, I would have rated it two and half stars. Whilst it smells nice enough, I do not find it special in any way, and as I said before, I think it is overpriced for what it is. I cannot imagine this fragrance could possibly offend anyone, so it could be worn virtually anywhere day or night. I also think it is quite unisex. As always, if possible, try before you buy.

Fragrance: 4/10
Silage: 5/10
Projection: 5/10
Longevity: 5/10
30th June, 2018
Phew, what a pungent, chemical and trashy brew…
What has become of Chanel?
27th February, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The white floral core is dominated by a nice jasmine, that is embedded in the floral grounding. In the opening phase a lemony impression provides additional zest, but nonetheless it is not so much a refreshing opening blast but more of a restrained tanginess that I get in this phase of its development.

The base is the usual mix of ambery vibes with patchouli and somewhat nonspecific woody tones also present. The base is really quite mediocre.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

As a spring creation not bad but the base is not one of Chanel's finest. 2.75/5.
02nd July, 2016
Salutation.

What a wonderful surprise!there's just something about wearing this EDT that makes you feel complete and ready to start your day.CEF is present a beautiful,fresh emollient and following the success of 2003's CHANCE.It is youthful,light and energetic, created after a young and free-spirited modern muse.Lovely, Sparkling,Vibrant,Clean,Daringly Fresh and Immediately Perceptible.

This EDT is delicately balances warm and chilly notes. A sensational blend of citruses,cedar,musk, jasmine,orris,amber and vetiver provides the perfect getaway fragrance that instantly transports you to a tropical paradise:A summer afternoon at the beach accompanied by the soft strumming of the guitar,the faces of those you love around you.

CEF is perfect for more occasions,well dressed for an evening out or especially relaxing in a normal day in the Spring and Summer.perfect for all ages groups who are feminine,cute and youthful in spirit and perfectly suited to pleasure the senses all day long.This fragrance is a must have for someone needing a pick-me-up spirit to last an entire day.However i like this one but I still prefer original CHANCE.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

13th June, 2015
Light, clean, very unisex

This is what I wanted CK1 to be! It's clean, easy to wear, and smells good on both men and women, although it's better on men. It layers well with various types of fragrances, especially clean ones. I can detect the relationship to the original Chance, but where that one was truly special and a valuable addition to the Chanel line, this smells like someone watered down the original and added some "aftershavey" notes. Sillage is minimal but it does last a while close to skin. The drydown is the best part. This is the first Chanel I've tried where I can smell the alcohol initially; I consider that a sign of cheapness and expect better from Chanel. Still, I got it as a freebie and since I live in boiling heat in the southern USA, I have no complaints, as it has impressed me with how well it behaves in hot weather. If you are one of those people who gets a tickle in the back of your throat from some scents, this will probably do that, so try before you buy (as always).

Pros: Layers well, nice scent
Cons: Not a true Chanel classic"

02nd September, 2013

Add your review of Chance Eau Fraîche

Shop for Chance Eau Fraîche products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Chance Eau Fraîche

There are no member images of Chance Eau Fraîche yet. Why not be the first?