Pulp (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseByredo
PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Pulp

Pulp is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Pulp fragrance notes

Reviews of Pulp

rbaker Show all reviews
The ripe, rich and luscious fruitiness, with blackcurrant and recurrent dominating, does its name justice; with a dash of bergamot adding freshness, whilst whiffs of white pepper with cardamom an attempt to balance out the top notes. This attempt does not prevent the fruitiness remaining the core element in the development of this scent right until the end.

Further in into the drydown the fruitiness morphs into a bowl and figs, apples, and hints of coconut milk, with the sweetness being full-on at times, but later a less direct. Towards the ends a nonspecific woodsiness is added, and is an undertone of white florals.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

This summery fruit mocktail interesting in its conception, but suffers from the use of some excessively synthetic ingredients that are a bit too generic in the base particularly. Overall nice but a bit over the top, without managing to convey sufficiently real fruit impressions. 2.75/5.
27th July, 2019
Quick wave of fruit on top. Fast moving notes of wood. Dry. Cool. Eventually I smell apple and nutty praline. I could sit and sniff the base of this all day.
12th September, 2018
Let me preface this by saying that I adore apple fragrances. My preferred summer scent is See by Chloé mostly because the apple note in See lasts for hours on my skin, even after the rest of the mix has all but disappeared.

Pulp has the same strong apple note as See and has been lingering on me for hours. Pulp's apple is fresher and juicer due to the supporting fruit notes at the top and in its heart (that blackcurrant! *swoon*), but that gorgeous apple...I just can't get enough. The sillage and longevity are top notch which makes this 100% FB-worthy for me (even at Byredo prices...ouch), especially considering that my skin eats most fruity scents for breakfast.

EDIT: Over the last few hours, as the scent slowly fades away, Pulp has been exceptionally clean-smelling. I'm not sure if it's just my skin, but it never turns to rotten fruit as others have experienced. If anything, I'm getting a little more green freshness (maybe this is the peach flower note?) and a teeny tiny bit of wood. Man, I can't wait to get a bottle of this.
29th April, 2018 (last edited: 30th April, 2018)
Someone just grabbed the back of my head and shoved my face into a bowl filled with a delicious very ripe fruit salad...what this really reminds me of is the compote that my mom and gramma used to brew up...all kinds of fruit cooked in a sweetened/spiced broth with just a splash of wine...i do get a boozy background and the kind of flavoring of spice that brings to mind mulling spices...a strong syrupy fruit wine...an intoxicating fruit ambrosia...i get great olfactory pleasure smelling this...only drawback to me is that due to the intensity and power found in this fragrance I find it hard to find the right time, place and temperature to properly wear this...bottom line - boozy spicy fruit bomb...
13th March, 2018
This opens as a vine ripened Sindhri, juicy, sweet and balanced citric. Cardamom and Currant counter with a spicy jammy bouquet.
For me there are whispers of a magical Fir Forest in note.
Tropical Floral drifts down through it all and proves to a quite sophisticated presentation and sillage.
Very finely crafted to show as a semi-gourmand.
It's accord is first-rate.
12th March, 2018 (last edited: 09th April, 2018)
Byredo pulp, like a beer, a over ripe fruit and beer, hard to explain, not bad, but not like Mmmmm awesome either.
It has a fizzy smell to it that lingers above the actual scent, which is a beer that's been sitting there overnight.
The The food that you settle with between fast food and gourmet, but tastes pretty good, but not exactly what you were hoping for. That's how I feel about this scent.
09th July, 2017

Add your review of Pulp

Shop for Pulp products online

Shop for Pulp at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Pulp

There are no member images of Pulp yet. Why not be the first?