Chocolate Greedy (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Chocolate Greedy

Chocolate Greedy is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Chocolate Greedy fragrance notes

Reviews of Chocolate Greedy

The chocolate is dusty and light in the opening. Ultimately, I see this as a very nice vanilla gourmand. Sweet, rich and warming. Would be excellent for layering. It’s not overly feminine either, perfectly unisex.

Performance is good, which is a nice surprise considering how some vanilla Montales are so beastly. This one projects nicely without filling the room and lasts all day with minimal sprays.
26th September, 2019
Novelty chocolate that smells more like a breakfast cereal than a serious chocolate. Oh actually...Tell a lie...It does faintly remind me of Terry's Chocolate Orange. Longevity and projection are surprisingly poor for a Montale.
28th May, 2019
I blind bought this and now I'm kicking myself for doing that. One, because no Montale I have tested to date has wowed me enough to own, and two because not only did this scent prove my previous point, it smells exactly like a fragrance that I already own. That I paid less than a 10th of what this costs. I still enjoy this scent but knowing the other scent in my wardrobe smells pretty much identical, and almost a bit better, I can't imagine choosing this one over it.

The scent I'm talking about is Al-Rehab Choco Musk. This one smells exactly like it. To me they both smell like pure chocolate sauce, with a hint of a metallic note, like you could be making brownies in a metal mixing bowl. Many people complain about that in the Al Rehab and say it's because of how cheap it is, it must be in the low quality of the scent. But I have to say that in this Montale that metallic note is actually stronger on me. There is almost as much emphasis on the metal as there is the chocolate. That may be their take on some "dried fruits" or whatever but it's undeniably taking away from the rich sweetness of the chocolate and somehow makes it less decadent.

And where the Al-Rehab has at least 12 hours of longevity and insane projection, with only 1 drop to the wrist filling an entire room, this one doesn't match up to that. It's good performance don't get me wrong, with at least 8 hours of longevity and great sillage, but it's no one drop wonder...

I just can't justify having this one over the Choco Musk, to me it is a better scent across the board and with an unmatchable price. I also find it annoying that Montale lists a bunch of notes that you clearly do not smell and leaves out any mention of chocolate despite including it in the title. It's like they're trying too hard to be ironic without stating the obvious, which could be misleading for some people who might take a notes list for a fragrance too literally. I don't and still find it aggravating. Like I said, it seems as though they're trying to make it seem as though they are creating a specific scent without mentioning the note in their pyamid list so it seems more impressive. It's not, and this house has done very little, if any, to impress me on anything.

I was stupid enough to blind buy this because it came up for a crazy good deal and I believe it's one of the brand's most notorious and highly rated scents. But I can't really find anything redeemable in this so it might be time for me to throw in the towel and give up on this house. There might be one or two more that I'll test but I'm not going out of my way and I certainly won't be buying any more (not a single drop) of their fragrances until they prove to me otherwise.
10th April, 2019
To me this delivers in every area I'm looking for when it comes to chocolate mint cookies..in the beginning I use to smell fruits but now all I smell is mint chocolate fuzzy baked cookies like from the Girl Scouts cookies..it lasts a long time 8+ hours and longer on clothes. The sillage is great it's more than an arm distance because people can smell this off of me. And it's satisfying at least to my senses. I never thought I was a chocolate lover till I tried this. I do also have Guerlain Gourmand Coquin.. and that one can trump this in scent but the longevity is just not there. I will do a review on that perfume soon. But this satisfies my chocolate cravings. I just got a second bottle because it's the only bottle in my whole collection that I have actually finished and quickly. It didn't last long so It's probably going to be a permanent staple I have my husband get me. I know he loves it and so does my daughter. Sometimes it's the simple fragrances that just deliver. On my skin this works for me. I'm sure happy I found it before I invested in more chocolate fragrances because as long as I find one I'm generally happy. Who's to say I won't purchase another chocolate fragrance but for now one chocolate fragrance is enough. Usually I want fragrances more complex and different when I go out but for everyday use at home for comfort this works wonders for me! I highly suggest it..but remember you gotta love chocolate mint fuzzy cookies or Cocoa Puffs because that is what this resembles. It's fuzzy in texture like a cookie or cake but I would say more so a cookie or cereal that is crunchy fuzzy. If you want dark nutty chocolate try the body shop's chocomania. I don't see it listed in the directory. It is discontinued. But it should be still affordable. I love that one even more when it comes to that dark milk chocolate with nuts but it doesn't last as long as chocolate greedy but I don't mind spraying that more often because it's delicious. Greedy, chocomania and Coquin are my favorites for now.
22nd February, 2019
Gourmand lovers dream?! If you like gourmand fragrances and you want something yummy with great performance on the skin, this is a good choice.

The opening of this fragrance is a warm, semi sweet, slightly boozy and slightly powdery coco smell mixed with a little bitterness from woods in the background that overall smell just like coco waffle! if you like coco waffle beside your tea in the afternoon you know what I’m talking about and you’re gonna love the start of the fragrance.

As time passes by and just after a minute or two that boozy and mellow bitter woody notes are gone and scent gets a little sweeter and and little more powdery while some spices starting to show their faces. the mid of the fragrance is a warm, sweet and powdery coco smell mixed with peppery and kind of savory spicy smell that is a nice masculine kick to the scent and I really like it.

In the base which is the longest part of the fragrance (and to be honest very boring) that spicy feel goes away and the sweet part now has a mellow musky feel beside the smell of vanilla and last but not least powdery coco is still there stealing gourmand lovers hearts!

All and all it’s a solid and easy to wear fragrance mostly for women and if you want a fragrance with dominating note of coco (not chocolate!) you should check this out.
Projection is good and longevity easily passes 10 hours without any problem.
15th November, 2016
Yum! Straight up I get warm chocolate chip biscuit. Not a super sweet, kidsy chocolate biscuit though. A grown-up chocolate biscuit: the kind of classy, expensive chocolate biscuit you hide at the back of the pantry, behind the tins of beans and packets of spaghetti because they’re too yummy and you want to make them last and they wouldn’t if everybody knew they were there. It’s sultry, warm, smoky and inviting. It always surprises me when I first put this on – that blast of warm smoke with the chocolate, but it settles quickly and they work so wonderfully well together. Delicious and definitely on my wish-list.
28th July, 2016

Add your review of Chocolate Greedy

Shop for Chocolate Greedy products online

Shop for Chocolate Greedy at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Chocolate Greedy

There are no member images of Chocolate Greedy yet. Why not be the first?