Straight to Heaven, white cristal (2007)
by By Kilian

Straight to Heaven, white cristal information

Year of Launch2007

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur

About Straight to Heaven, white cristal

Straight to Heaven, white cristal is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Reviews of Straight to Heaven, white cristal

Another intoxicating gourmand fragrance by Kilian. This is a rum cocktail you wish you could drink without the alcohol and sawdust being inedible. You can't resist Straight to Heaven, but I also do not love Straight to Heaven,it's just not my style of fragrance. Straight to Heaven is an evening fragrance because I can't imagine having the smell of spiced rum lingering around while I work.
11th May, 2019
Two thumbs way up!

What a gorgeous fragrance! The opening is the perfect blast of quality dark rum that warms the nose followed by a bit of dried fruit and an almost sour earthy patchouli, then the fun really begins....
From the base the most beautiful photorealistic dry cedar comes out followed by a quality musk ambergris accord that holds the fragrance together.

Superb ingredients, great projection (for a couple of hours) and good longevity (6 hours for me) what more could you want?

The only downside is the cost.... but for me itís well worth it

One last note.... Iím pretty shocked that no one has mentioned the striking resemblence between STH and Jubilation XXV ( I own both). By comparison... Jubilation has more of a sour berry vibe in the opening and heart and an additional beautiful note of Omani incense in the base but these 2 are quite similar in to me and STH is way more versatile than XXV so you can wear it much more casually!
17th February, 2019
First off Iíll just say I love this scent, and if I believed in having a signature scent, this would be it. I own both the 79% and 80% versions and I do wish it was never reformulated. To me, the original top notes are richer and more powerful. With the 80% they are unfortunately buried behind a rubbing alcohol (as previously mentioned) veil that I donít care for. Once that dissipates I find them both to be nearly identical...especially the base notes. The rum fades into this wonderful woodsy/cedar/patchouli mix that I absolutely adore. I am shocked about the short longevity people speak of. Iíve actually had a coworker comment she loves how she can still smell it at the end of the day.

I think a lot of the hate directed toward this scent stems from the house who produces it. Iíve tried many Kilian scents after this and honestly do not care for the others. Shame really, as the presentations are top notch.
29th October, 2018
Straight is relative
Complication stands guard at
The patchouli gates

Where memories of
Fragrance dear and story past
Tempt us off-line, their

Its to bits and their
Curling wits so densely packed
As to make one sigh

Upon grateful breath
With a bit less oxygen
A bit more delight

And thus we see that
All is well on the not so
Straight and narrow path

Still appearing straight
On heavenly inspection
Though to localish

Eyes, ears, nose and throat
Those boozy geodesics
Take us on their ride

Through woody woodlands
And spicy heartlands, not all
Of our own making

That we understand

And where was I? Yes
On some randomly crooked
Stairway to Heaven

Don't mind that it takes
That there down escalator

Where somebody said
Leave out the totality
But not for my sake

Yeah, that's the ticket
I think I'll listen to that
Little old lady

The one who sees the
Wrong magic in ev'rything
She gets patchouli.
11th October, 2018
Lots of smooth, buttery rum in the beginning and then dries down to a dry, airy cedar scent, almost metallic. The drydown reminds me of walking into an old wooden house that's being preserved for historical purposes. Feels formal to me and maybe best in cooler weather.

I get excellent projection during the first 2-3 hours. Can be cloying if over-sprayed. Skin scent after that lasts all day on me.
23rd March, 2018
A rather disappointing fragrance for any price - on my skin it vanished within no more than two hours, and even during that period and a decent application it was not easily detectable.
I will say that the actual scent itself is rather nice, certainly doesn't bring anything else to mind and is quite different from Guerlain Homme Intense despite sharing that rum note, so I wouldn't call it generic, and if only it were significantly better performing I might even consider a bottle, but not as it stands, especially for the steep price.
29th November, 2017