Un Jardin Après La Mousson (2008)
by Hermès

Un Jardin Après La Mousson information

Year of Launch2008

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Un Jardin Après La Mousson

The third fragrance in Hermès' Jardin series, following Un Jardin en Mediterannée and Un Jardin sur le Nil.

The name means 'A garden after the monsoon', and the bottle is blue/green.

Un Jardin Après La Mousson fragrance notes

Reviews of Un Jardin Après La Mousson

A rain soaked spice market’s exotic offerings and tepid earth gently linger in the atmosphere after a turbulent storm. A warm, comforting scent of cardamom braids with the vegetal greenness of coriander and bright, peppery ginger. Light grass and unidentifiable flowers add to the mix, creating an enjoyable watery tisane. Unfortunately, the longevity is not great and it has but a whisper of projection. It’s lovely, but I’d love a punch of stronger staying power and more sillage. As with all Un Jardin offerings, it’s labeled as unisex. It pulls more feminine on me. I still prefer sur le Nil and en Méditerranée.

Update: About four hours after I initially applied, I caught the mild scent of a ginger beer lacking some of the bite. It was a pleasant surprise.
30th November, 2020
This would be a thumbs up if it was marketed as a female cologne.
Very pleasant melon floral with a touch of sweetness but quite fresh and delicate. Linear. To think that any men would wear this unless it rubbed off on them from their lady is pushing metrosexuality too far.
25th March, 2019
I read the notes and I wonder if I was awake enough when trying it on at the airport. It’s nearly only sweet melon and cucumber to my nose. May be a slight woody bitterness. Where are the spices?

Might be on the masculine side. Strong in sillage, good longevity.
31st May, 2018
I don't know why but I had a misconception that the whole Jardin series must all be soft scents. So I gave myself several good spritzes and oh my! How spicy!

Ginger and Cardamom are the most prominent to my nose. It's a juicy ginger smell and it gives a cold and wet feeling, which goes well with 'Après la Mousson'. Though I've never been to India, I would imagine Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant is India under the sun, while Après la Mousson is India after the rain. I'd love to wear it in summer for its cold and wet attitude, and in winter for its spiciness. A fragrance with edges but versatile as well.

Originally written in 2013
20th January, 2018
Beautiful sadness
As sun dries away water's
Fragrant sun promise.

Shop for Un Jardin Après La Mousson products online

Shop for Un Jardin Après La Mousson at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Un Jardin Après La Mousson

There are no member images of Un Jardin Après La Mousson yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Un Jardin Après La Mousson