Un Jardin Après La Mousson (2008)
by Hermès

Un Jardin Après La Mousson information

Year of Launch2008

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Un Jardin Après La Mousson

The third fragrance in Hermès' Jardin series, following Un Jardin en Mediterannée and Un Jardin sur le Nil.

The name means 'A garden after the monsoon', and the bottle is blue/green.

Un Jardin Après La Mousson fragrance notes

Reviews of Un Jardin Après La Mousson

This would be a thumbs up if it was marketed as a female cologne.
Very pleasant melon floral with a touch of sweetness but quite fresh and delicate. Linear. To think that any men would wear this unless it rubbed off on them from their lady is pushing metrosexuality too far.
25th March, 2019
I read the notes and I wonder if I was awake enough when trying it on at the airport. It’s nearly only sweet melon and cucumber to my nose. May be a slight woody bitterness. Where are the spices?

Might be on the masculine side. Strong in sillage, good longevity.
31st May, 2018
I don't know why but I had a misconception that the whole Jardin series must all be soft scents. So I gave myself several good spritzes and oh my! How spicy!

Ginger and Cardamom are the most prominent to my nose. It's a juicy ginger smell and it gives a cold and wet feeling, which goes well with 'Après la Mousson'. Though I've never been to India, I would imagine Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant is India under the sun, while Après la Mousson is India after the rain. I'd love to wear it in summer for its cold and wet attitude, and in winter for its spiciness. A fragrance with edges but versatile as well.

Originally written in 2013
20th January, 2018
Beautiful sadness
As sun dries away water's
Fragrant sun promise.
22nd July, 2017
Before the Light - Penleigh Boyd - 1921
03rd April, 2017
Here and now in (almost) 2017, it's easy to forget that when Mousson came out, melon perfumes were very much a mainstream cliche and were fairly loathed by serious perfume people. I'd argue that Mousson was probably the best of the thousands that were churned out at the time, but there are a LOT of old bad reviews out there because of all this.

So what does it smell like? To me, mostly black pepper and a fresh, vegetal cucumber, along with that round aquatic 00's fake melon. There are some artificial greens in there, as well as some cilantro and a nice white flowers accord that classes things up.

I've always liked Mousson for its bright and deceptively complex mix of wood, spice, flowers, and greens. I have a bottle and find it useful as a scent that won't offend anybody without being cliched or dumb. That being said, I can see how chypre enthusiasts or lovers of complicated classics can find Mousson kind of dumb, though I'd argue that it's actually quite multi-layered. Thumbs up.
15th December, 2016

Add your review of Un Jardin Après La Mousson

Shop for Un Jardin Après La Mousson products online

Shop for Un Jardin Après La Mousson at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Un Jardin Après La Mousson

There are no member images of Un Jardin Après La Mousson yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Un Jardin Après La Mousson