Five O'Clock Au Gingembre (2008)
by Serge Lutens

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre information

Year of Launch2008

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Creative DirectorSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre fragrance notes

Reviews of Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

I detect the lemon and ginger others have commented on but for some strange reason (is something strange here or is it just me? oh OK it's just me) I seem to pick up some kind of sweet cherry vibe every so often wafting through the air. I wish this lasted just a little longer and had a bit more presence but for now I must content myself to search for the lost cherry. Planning on buying this one for sure!
29th February, 2020
Another brilliant Christopher Sheldrake composition, from the halcyon years of SL fragrances. Perfectly evocative of that time in late afternoon during which a quick spot of tea, and a spiced biscuit, are a refreshing pick-me-up. Goes well with a nice slug of whisky, too. Highly recommended for any discerning fragrance aficionado.
23rd December, 2019
Milky-sweet ginger woods. That’s not anything I’m looking for so I wouldn’t seek it out. But it’s certainly nice enough and better than lots of things out there. Lasts all day, though with pretty modest projection.
05th November, 2019
Crystallized, candied ginger over a bed of warm spices. Slightly sour and astringent in the top, with the characteristic Lutens "sheen" and dried fruits. I don't get much of the tea to be honest, but as the fragrance dries down, I do get the cacao, honey, and amber. I was recommended this because of my love for L'Artisan's Tea For Two, but I think that I still perfer Tea For Two. Still, this is a pleasant fragrance, and one that I wouldn't mind owning, though not in my top 5 Lutens fragrances. Try wearing this on a warm day as opposed to a cold one - the crystallized ginger and bergamot become more prominent, and this sparkles quite nicely.
23rd June, 2019
Nothing special here at all.

Gingerbread, honey and cola.

Longevity & projection are both poor!!
25th May, 2019
From my shallow simple guy reviews:

This smells like bubbled out cocacola.

Take a can of Cola, drink most of it - leave the rest on the sun, and smell it after half hour - that's it! :)
...pretty cool.
Longevity is moderate. Definitely unisex.
20th June, 2018